The UMBC Retrievers (10-3) visit the Stony Brook Seawolves (6-8) in a matchup of America East teams at Island FCU Arena, tipping off at 1:00 PM ET on Sunday, February 7, 2021. The Retrievers are 1.5-point favorites in the game, the first matchup between the squads this season. The point total in the matchup is 130.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|UMBC (-1.5)||Over (130)||UMBC 69 Stony Brook 66|
- In 61.5% of their games this season (eight of 13 chances), the Retrievers and their opponents have recorded more than this matchup’s over/under of 130 points.
- Stony Brook and its opponents have combined to score more than 130 points in 10 of 14 opportunities (71.4%) this year.
- The two teams average a combined 7.4 more points per game (137.4) than this game’s over/under of 130 points.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 130.6 points per game, 0.6 more than the over/under for this game.
- The Retrievers average point total in outings this year is 133.2, 3.2 points higher than the over/under in this game.
- The average total for Seawolves games this year is 4.6 more points than the point total of 130 in this outing.
UMBC Betting Information
- Against the spread, UMBC has been strong this season, posting an 8-5 record.
- The Retrievers have posted a losing record of 3-5 against the spread when the spread is -1.5 or bigger.
- UMBC has more often than not combined with its adversaries to fall short of the total, doing so 3 times in 13 contests (23.1%).
Stony Brook Betting Information
- Stony Brook has covered the spread in less than half of its games, going 5-8 ATS.
- When they play as at least 1.5-point underdogs, the Seawolves have a record ATS of 3-4.
- Stony Brook and its opponents have hit the over in less than half of their matchups this season — 6 of 13 (46.2%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/3/2020||Stony Brook||-1.5||130.5||-126||+103||Regular Season||75-67 UMBC|
|2/1/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||74-63 STBR|
|2/27/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||78-63 STBR|
|1/30/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||57-49 UMBC|
- The scoring and rebounding leader for the Retrievers is Brandon Horvath, who puts up 14.3 points and 8.5 rebounds per game.
- R.J. Eytle-Rock is UMBC’s best passer, distributing 2.4 assists per game while scoring 13.1 PPG.
- L.J. Owens leads the Retrievers in three-point shooting with an average of 1.6 made threes per game.
- Darnell Rogers is UMBC’s leader in steals, averaging 1.4 steals per game, while Daniel Akin leads them in blocks with 0.8 per contest.
Stony Brook Leaders
- Juan Felix Rodriguez’s points (11.9 per game) and assists (3.4 per game) stat lines give him the top rebounding and assists spots on the Seawolves’ leaderboards.
- Mouhamadou Gueye grabs 6.5 rebounds per game (he also scores 8.6 points per game and adds 2.3 assists per game) which puts him at the top of the Stony Brook rebounding leaderboard.
- Frankie Policelli is the most prolific from distance for the Seawolves, hitting 2.0 threes per game.
- Rodriguez (1.0 steal per game) and Gueye (3.0 blocks per game) lead the Seawolves in steals and blocks, respectively.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED