The UMBC Retrievers (11-3) hit the road in America East action against the Stony Brook Seawolves (6-9) on Monday, February 8, 2021 at 1:00 PM ET. The Retrievers are 2.5-point favorites in the game, the second matchup between the teams this season. The matchup has an over/under set at 133 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|UMBC (-2.5)||Over (133)||UMBC 69 Stony Brook 66|
- In eight of 14 opportunities (57.1%) this year, the Retrievers and their opponents have totaled at least this matchup’s over/under of 133 points.
- Stony Brook has played in nine games this year (out of 15 total matchups — 60% of chances) where they and their opponents combined to score more than 133 points.
- These teams average a combined 137.3 points per game, 4.3 more points than the over/under of 133 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 131 points per game, two fewer than the point total in this matchup.
- The average total the Retrievers have had set in games this season is 0.4 more points than this outing’s point total.
- Seawolves games this season have averaged an over/under of 134.7 points, 1.7 more than the point total in this matchup.
UMBC Betting Information
- UMBC has been good against the spread this season, posting a 9-5 record.
- When favored by at least 2.5 points, the Retrievers have struggled to a 3-5 record ATS this season.
- The Retrievers have typically run under the total this season, reaching the over/under in 4 of 14 games (28.6%).
Stony Brook Betting Information
- Stony Brook has a losing record against the spread, going 5-9 ATS (covering just 35.7% of the time).
- When they are at least 2.5-point underdogs, the Seawolves have gone 3-3 against the spread.
- In 7 out of Stony Brook’s 14 games this season, (50%) the teams have combined to hit the over.
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/7/2021||UMBC||-1.5||134||-125||+103||Regular Season||71-65 UMBC|
|3/3/2020||Stony Brook||-1.5||130.5||-126||+103||Regular Season||75-67 UMBC|
|2/1/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||74-63 STBR|
|2/27/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||78-63 STBR|
|1/30/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||57-49 UMBC|
- The Retrievers leader in points and rebounds is Brandon Horvath, who scores 14.4 points and grabs 8.9 rebounds per game.
- R.J. Eytle-Rock leads UMBC in assists, averaging 2.4 per game while also scoring 13.7 points per contest.
- L.J. Owens leads the Retrievers in three-point shooting with an average of 1.7 threes per game.
- Darnell Rogers and Daniel Akin lead the Retrievers on the defensive end, with Rogers leading the team in steals averaging 1.4 per game and Akin in blocks averaging 0.8 per contest.
Stony Brook Leaders
- Juan Felix Rodriguez racks up 12.2 points and adds 3.3 assists per game, putting him at the top of the Seawolves’ leaderboards in those statistics.
- The Seawolves’ top rebounder is Tykei Greene — he grabs 6.5 per game while scoring 9.8 points per game.
- Frankie Policelli leads the Seawolves in three-point shooting with an average of 2.0 made threes per game.
- Stony Brook’s leader in steals is Jordan McKenzie (0.9 per game), and its leader in blocks is Mouhamadou Gueye (3.3 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED