The UT Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros (9-7) are 5-point favorites as they try to break a three-game losing streak when they host the Tarleton State Texans (7-10) on Friday, March 5, 2021 at UTRGV Fieldhouse. The matchup airs at 8:00 PM ET. The matchup has a point total of 132.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|UT Rio Grande Valley||-5||-110||-110||132||-110||-110||-222||182|
|Tarleton State (+5)||Over (132)||UT Rio Grande Valley 70 Tarleton State 66|
- In 81.2% of their games this season (13 of 16 chances), the Vaqueros and their opponents have combined to score more than this matchup’s point total of 132 points.
- In 11 of 17 outings (64.7%) this year, Tarleton State has combined with its opponents to score more than 132 points.
- The two teams average a combined 16.3 more points per game (148.3) than this game’s total of 132 points.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 0.8 more points per game (132.8) than this matchup’s total of 132 points.
- The Vaqueros average point total in outings this year is 142.9, 10.9 points higher than the over/under in this game.
- The average point total for the Texans this season is 6.3 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Vaqueros put up 75.6 points per game, 10 more points than the 65.6 the Texans allow.
- UT Rio Grande Valley has an 8-4 record overall and a 4-0-1 record against the spread when putting up more than 65.6 points.
- Tarleton State has a 0-3 record against the spread and a 0-3 record overall when giving up more than 75.6 points.
- The Texans put up an average of 72.7 points per game, 5.5 more points than the 67.2 the Vaqueros give up to opponents.
- Tarleton State is 6-3 overall and 3-0 against the spread in games it scores more than 67.2 points.
- UT Rio Grande Valley is 1-3-1 against the spread and 0-5 overall when it allows its opponents to score more than 72.7 points.
- The Vaqueros have out-scored their opponents by a total of 134 points this season (8.4 points per game on average), and the Texans have put up 121 more points than their opponents on the year (7.1 per game).
UT Rio Grande Valley Betting Information
- UT Rio Grande Valley has not fared well against the spread this season, posting a 4-6-1 record.
- When favored by at least 5 points, the Vaqueros have struggled to a 1-2 record ATS this season.
- UT Rio Grande Valley and its opponents have reached the over/under in just 4 of 11 games this season (36.4%).
Tarleton State Betting Information
- The Texans have a 4-7-1 record against the spread, covering in only 33.3% of their games.
- In the majority of Texans games this season, the teams have not hit the over (3 out of 12 games, 25%).
UT Rio Grande Valley Leaders
- The scoring leader for the Vaqueros this season is Sean Rhea, who averages 15.2 points, 6.2 rebounds, and 0.7 assists per game.
- Quinton Johnson II is the Vaqueros leading rebounder, grabbing 6.8 per game, while Javon Levi is their best passer, distributing 5.3 assists in each contest.
- Johnson leads the Vaqueros in three-point shooting with an average of 1.6 threes per game.
- Levi is UT Rio Grande Valley’s leader in steals, averaging 3.2 steals per game, while Jeff Otchere leads them in blocks with 2.5 per contest.
Tarleton State Leaders
- The Texans’ Montre’ Gipson averages enough points (14.6 per game) and assists (3.0 per game) to sit atop the squad’s leaderboards.
- Tarleton State’s Tahj Small stats (6.1 rebounds per game, 10.1 points per game, 1.7 assists per game) earned him the top spot on the team rebound leaderboard.
- Konstantin Dotsenko provides the bulk of the Texans’ three-point shooting production. He hits 1.7 threes per game to lead the team.
- Tarleton State’s leader in steals is Shamir Bogues (2.1 per game), and its leader in blocks is Jonathan Jackson (0.7 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- NCAA Basketball March Madness Betting Analysis: Final Four Matches
- Elite Eight: St. Peter’s vs North Carolina Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Elite Eight: Miami vs Kansas Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Houston Cougars vs Villanova Wildcats Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Arkansas Razorbacks vs Duke Blue Devils Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds