The UTEP Miners (10-10) host the Charlotte 49ers (9-11) as 5.5-point favorites after Souley Boum went off for 28 points in the Miners 77-68 victory over Florida International. The game airs on ESPN+ at 6:00 PM ET on Saturday, February 27, 2021. The over/under in the matchup is set at 126.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Charlotte (+5.5)||Over (126.5)||UTEP 69 Charlotte 64|
- In 17 of 20 games (85%) this season, the Miners and their opponents have scored no less than this matchup’s point total of 126.5 points.
- Charlotte has played in 11 games this season (out of 20 total matchups — 55% of opportunities) where they combined with their opponents to score more than 126.5 points.
- The Miners and the 49ers combine to average 8.6 more points per game than the over/under of 126.5 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 134.5 points per game, 8.0 more than the over/under for this matchup.
- The average point total for Miners games this season is 14.1 more points than the total of 126.5 in this matchup.
- The average over/under for 49ers games this season is 2.6 more points than the point total of 126.5 for this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 70.9 points per game the Miners record are six more points than the 49ers give up (64.9).
- When UTEP scores more than 64.9 points, it is 7-0 against the spread and 10-4 overall.
- Charlotte is 2-3 against the spread and 3-4 overall when giving up more than 70.9 points.
- The 49ers average 5.4 fewer points per game (64.2) than the Miners allow their opponents to score (69.6).
- Charlotte is 4-0 against the spread and 5-2 overall when it scores more than 69.6 points.
- UTEP is 5-6 against the spread and 5-8 overall when it allows more than 64.2 points.
- The Miners have out-scored their opponents by a total of 27 points this season (1.3 points per game on average), and opponents of the 49ers have out-scored them by just 16 more points on the year (0.7 per game).
UTEP Betting Information
- Against the spread, UTEP has been strong this season, posting a 9-8 record.
- When favored by at least 5.5 points, the Miners have fared well against the spread, putting up a 4-2 record.
- The Miners have failed to combine with their opponents to reach the over/under just 8 times in 17 games this season.
Charlotte Betting Information
- The 49ers have a 7-10 record against the spread, covering in just 41.2% of their outings.
- When they are at least 5.5-point underdogs, the 49ers have gone 2-2 against the spread.
- Charlotte has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 47.1% of matchups this year (8 out of 17 opportunities).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/6/2020||Charlotte||-4||122||-190||+154||Regular Season||68-64 CHARLT|
|3/3/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||68-58 CHARLT|
|1/26/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||57-53 UTEP|
- The scoring leader for the Miners this season is Boum, who averages 18.7 points, 3.6 rebounds, and 2.7 assists per game.
- Bryson Williams is the Miners leading rebounder, grabbing 7.0 per game, while Jamal Bieniemy is their best passer, distributing 4.1 assists in each contest.
- Boum contributes the bulk of the Miners’ three-point shooting production. He knocks down 2.5 threes per game to lead the team.
- Boum and Tydus Verhoeven lead the Miners on the defensive end, with Boum leading the team in steals averaging 1.5 per game and Verhoeven in blocks averaging 0.8 per contest.
- Jahmir Young is the top scorer for the 49ers with 19.0 points per game. He also adds 5.2 rebounds and 2.8 assists per game to his scoring output.
- Milos Supica is atop the 49ers rebounding leaderboard with 5.5 rebounds per game, and Jordan Shepherd paces the team in assists with 2.8 per outing.
- Young makes 1.9 three-pointers per game, the most on the 49ers.
- Shepherd (1.6 steals per game) is the steal leader for Charlotte while Anzac Rissetto (0.5 blocks per game) is the block leader.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED