Ibi Watson leads the Dayton Flyers (14-8) against the VCU Rams (17-6) after putting up 25 points in an 84-72 win over Rhode Island. The Flyers are 5.5-point underdogs in the matchup on Friday, March 5, 2021, which tips at 3:30 PM ET on NBCS. The matchup has an over/under of 136.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
- In 47.8% of their games this season (11 of 23 chances), the Rams and their opponents have combined to record more than this matchup’s point total of 136.5 points.
- Dayton and its opponents have combined to score at least 136.5 points in nine of 22 games (40.9%) this season.
- The two teams average a combined 6.1 more points per game (142.6) than this matchup’s total of 136.5 points.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 3.9 fewer points per game (132.6) than this game’s total of 136.5 points.
- The average point total in Rams games this year is 1.0 more point than the total of 136.5 in this matchup.
- Flyers games this season have averaged a total of 137.7 points, 1.2 more than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 72.3 points per game the Rams put up are only 4.9 more points than the Flyers give up (67.4).
- VCU is 8-0 against the spread and 11-3 overall when scoring more than 67.4 points.
- When Dayton allows more than 72.3 points, it is 3-2 against the spread and 2-3 overall.
- The Flyers’ 70.3 points per game are 5.1 more points than the 65.2 the Rams allow to opponents.
- When it scores more than 65.2 points, Dayton is 11-0 against the spread and 12-3 overall.
- VCU is 1-5 against the spread and 2-4 overall when it gives up more than 70.3 points.
- The Rams have totaled 162 more points than their opponents this season (7.1 per game on average), and the Flyers have scored 63 more points than their opponents (2.9 per game).
VCU Betting Information
- VCU has been good against the spread this season, posting an 11-10-1 record.
- The Rams have posted an even record of 6-6 against the spread when the spread is -5.5 or bigger.
- VCU and its opponents have converted the over just 7 times in 22 (31.8%) games this season.
Dayton Betting Information
- Dayton has covered the spread in greater than half of its contests, going 13-9 ATS.
- When they are at least 5.5-point underdogs, the Flyers have a record ATS of 4-5.
- In most of Flyers games this season, the teams have combined to hit the over (12 out of 22 games, 54.5%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/9/2021||VCU||-2.5||133.5||-148||+120||Regular Season||76-67 VCU|
|1/23/2021||VCU||-6||135.5||-275||+215||Regular Season||66-43 VCU|
|2/18/2020||Dayton||-3||143||-157||+130||Regular Season||66-61 DAYTON|
|1/14/2020||Dayton||-8||137.5||-399||+297||Regular Season||79-65 DAYTON|
|2/16/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||69-68 VCU|
|1/16/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||76-71 VCU|
- The scoring leader for the Rams this season is Nah’Shon Hyland, who averages 19.2 points, 4.4 rebounds, and 2.0 assists per game.
- Hason Ward leads the Rams in rebounding, averaging 5.2 per game, while Adrian Baldwin Jr. leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 4.4 in each contest.
- Hyland leads the Rams in three-point shooting, knocking down an average of 3.0 shots per game from beyond the arc.
- Baldwin and Ward lead VCU on the defensive end, with Baldwin leading the team in steals averaging 2.2 per game and Ward in blocks averaging 2.3 per contest.
- Jalen Crutcher averages 18.0 points and tacks on 5.0 assists per game, putting him at the top of the Flyers’ leaderboards for those statistics.
- Dayton’s Jordy Tshimanga stats (7.9 rebounds per game, 6.6 points per game, 0.6 assists per game) earned him the top spot on the team rebound leaderboard.
- Watson leads the Flyers in three-point shooting with an average of 2.7 made threes per game.
- Dayton’s leader in steals is Rodney Chatman (1.7 per game), and its leader in blocks is Tshimanga (0.6 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Hartford Hawks vs. UMass-Lowell River Hawks: 3/13/2021 America East Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- Alabama Crimson Tide vs. Tennessee Volunteers 3/13/2021 SEC Tournament Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Norfolk State Spartans vs. Morgan State Bears 3/13/2021 MEAC Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Michigan Wolverines vs. Ohio State Buckeyes: 3/13/2021 Big Ten Tournament Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Playoff Odds and Trends
- Wichita State Shockers vs. Cincinnati Bearcats: 3/13/2021 AAC Tournament Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Playoff Odds and Trends