The No. 5 Villanova Wildcats (12-2) host the Marquette Golden Eagles (9-10) after winning five straight home games. The Wildcats are heavy favorites by 11 points in the matchup, which starts at 9:00 PM ET on Wednesday, February 10, 2021. The over/under for the matchup is set at 139.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
- The Wildcats and their opponents have scored at least 139.5 points — this matchup’s over/under — in 10 of 14 opportunities (71.4%) this season.
- Marquette and its opponents have added up to score more than 139.5 points in 42.1% of their matchups this season (eight of 19 chances).
- These two teams average a combined 149.4 points per game, 9.9 more points than the total of 139.5 set for this game.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 1.8 less points per game (137.7) than this matchup’s total of 139.5 points.
- The Wildcats average point total in matchups this season is 145.8, 6.3 points higher than the total in this game.
- The average point total for the Golden Eagles this year is 1.8 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Wildcats average 8.1 more points per game (77.9) than the Golden Eagles give up (69.8).
- When Villanova puts up more than 69.8 points, it is 7-0 against the spread and 11-1 overall.
- Marquette is 1-2 against the spread and 1-2 overall when allowing more than 77.9 points.
- The Golden Eagles score just 3.6 more points per game (71.5) than the Wildcats give up (67.9).
- Marquette is 5-0 against the spread and 7-4 overall when it scores more than 67.9 points.
- Villanova is 2-3 against the spread and 4-1 overall when it allows its opponents to score more than 71.5 points.
- The Wildcats have out-scored their opponents by a total of 141 points this season (10 points per game on average), and the Golden Eagles have put up 31 more points than their opponents on the year (1.7 per game).
Villanova Betting Information
- The Wildcats have been strong against the spread this season, earning an 8-6 record.
- The Wildcats fare well when favored by at least 11 points, posting a 4-3 record against the spread.
- In 8 of 14 (57.1%) contests this season, Villanova and its opponents have hit the total.
Marquette Betting Information
- Marquette has a losing record against the spread, going 6-13 ATS (covering just 31.6% of the time).
- When they are at least 11-point underdogs, the Golden Eagles have fared well, going 2-1 against the spread.
- In the majority of Golden Eagles games this year, the teams have not hit the over (7 out of 19 games, 36.8%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|12/23/2020||Villanova||-5.5||141||-238||+190||Regular Season||85-68 VILL|
|2/12/2020||Villanova||-5.5||143.5||-250||+197||Regular Season||72-71 VILL|
|1/4/2020||Marquette||-2||150||-136||+110||Regular Season||71-60 MARQ|
|2/27/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||67-61 VILL|
|2/9/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||66-65 MARQ|
- Jeremiah Robinson-Earl leads the Wildcats in scoring and rebounding, tallying 15.3 points and 7.3 boards per game.
- Collin Gillespie leads Villanova in assists, averaging 4.8 per game while also scoring 14.4 points per contest.
- Gillespie leads the Wildcats in three-point shooting with an average of 2.2 threes per game.
- Gillespie and Robinson-Earl lead Villanova on the defensive end, with Gillespie leading the team in steals averaging 1.0 per game and Robinson-Earl in blocks averaging 0.6 per contest.
- D.J. Carton’s points (12.7 per game) and assists (3.5 per game) stat lines give him the top rebounding and assists spots on the Golden Eagles’ leaderboards.
- Marquette’s Dawson Garcia stats (6.7 rebounds per game, 12.5 points per game, 0.8 assists per game) earned him the top spot on the team rebound leaderboard.
- Koby McEwen’s 1.6 made threes per game lead the Golden Eagles.
- Marquette’s leader in steals is Carton (1.2 per game), and its leader in blocks is Theo John (1.8 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED