The Duke Blue Devils (9-8) host the No. 7 Virginia Cavaliers (15-4) as 2-point underdogs after Matthew Hurt went off for 23 points in the Blue Devils 84-60 victory over Wake Forest. The game airs on ESPN at 8:00 PM ET on Saturday, February 20, 2021. The point total for the matchup is set at 132.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Duke (+2)||Over (132)||Duke 70 Virginia 69|
- The Cavaliers and their opponents have scored at least 132 points — this matchup’s over/under — in eight of 19 opportunities (42.1%) this season.
- Duke and its opponents have added up to score more than 132 points in 88.2% of their matchups this season (15 of 17 opportunities).
- The two teams average a combined 13.5 more points per game (145.5) than this game’s over/under of 132 points.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 0.6 fewer points per game (131.4) than this matchup’s total of 132 points.
- The average point total for Cavaliers games this season is 2.6 fewer points than the total of 132 in this matchup.
- Blue Devils games this season have averaged a total of 147.6 points, 15.6 more than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Cavaliers score 69.4 points per contest, only 2.1 fewer points than the 71.5 the Blue Devils surrender to opponents.
- When Virginia puts up more than 71.5 points, it is 7-1 overall and 6-0 against the spread.
- When Duke gives up more than 69.4 points, it is 0-10 against the spread and 2-8 overall.
- The Blue Devils’ 76.1 points per game are 16.2 more points than the 59.9 the Cavaliers allow.
- When it scores more than 59.9 points, Duke is 5-0 against the spread and 9-8 overall.
- Virginia’s record is 0-2 overall and 0-2 against the spread when it allows more than 76.1 points to its opponents.
- The Cavaliers have totaled 180 more points than their opponents this season (9.5 per game on average), and the Blue Devils have scored 78 more points than their opponents (4.6 per game).
Virginia Betting Information
- The Cavaliers have been solid against the spread this season, earning an 11-7 record.
- The Cavaliers have posted a winning record of 10-5 against the spread when the spread is -2 or higher.
- Virginia and its opponents have hit the total 9 times in 18 contests this season.
Duke Betting Information
- Duke has failed to cover the spread in more than half of its outings, going 5-11 ATS.
- When they are at least 2-point underdogs, the Blue Devils have not fared well, going 5-10 against the spread.
- Duke and its opponents have hit the over in more than half of their games this year — 10 of 16 (62.5%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/29/2020||Duke||-3.5||124||-178||+142||Regular Season||52-50 VIR|
|2/9/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||81-71 DUKE|
|1/19/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||72-70 DUKE|
- The Cavaliers leader in points and rebounds is Sam Hauser, who scores 14.8 points and pulls down 6.9 rebounds per game.
- Virginia’s best passer is Kihei Clark, who averages 4.6 assists per game to go with his 9.9 PPG scoring average.
- The Cavaliers get the most three-point shooting production out of Hauser, who knocks down 2.4 threes per game.
- The Virginia steals leader is Reece Beekman, who averages 1.3 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is Jay Huff, who compiles 2.4 rejections per contest.
- The Blue Devils’ leader in scoring and rebounding is Hurt with 18.3 points and 6.4 rebounds per game.
- The Blue Devils’ top assist machine is Jordan Goldwire with a stat line of 3.6 assists, 6.4 points, and 3.3 rebounds per game.
- Hurt is the top scorer from the three-point line for the Blue Devils, hitting 2.4 threes per game.
- Goldwire (2.4 steals per game) and Mark Williams (1.4 blocks per game) pace the Blue Devils in steals and blocks, respectively.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- NCAA Basketball March Madness Betting Analysis: Final Four Matches
- Elite Eight: St. Peter’s vs North Carolina Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Elite Eight: Miami vs Kansas Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Houston Cougars vs Villanova Wildcats Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Arkansas Razorbacks vs Duke Blue Devils Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds