The No. 22 Virginia Cavaliers (5-2) are heavily favored (by 14 points) to extend a three-game home win streak when they host the Wake Forest Demon Deacons (3-1) on Wednesday, January 6, 2021 at 9:00 PM ET. The point total for the matchup is set at 124.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Wake Forest (+14)||Over (124)||Virginia 74 Wake Forest 63|
- In five of seven outings (71.4%) this season, the Cavaliers and their opponents have scored at least this matchup’s point total of 124 points.
- Wake Forest and its opponents have added up to score at least 124 points in 100% of their games this season (four of four chances).
- The Cavaliers and the Demon Deacons combine to average 25.8 more points per game than the over/under of 124 set for this game.
- The Cavaliers and the Demon Deacons have seen their opponents average a combined 2.5 fewer points per game than the point total of 124 set in this game.
- The average over/under the Cavaliers have had set in matchups this year is 10 more points than this outing’s point total.
- Demon Deacons games this season have averaged an over/under of 137.2 points, 13.2 more than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 73.3 points per game the Cavaliers record are 12.5 more points than the Demon Deacons give up (60.8).
- When Virginia scores more than 60.8 points, it is 5-1 overall and 4-0 against the spread.
- Wake Forest has a 0-0 record against the spread and a 0-0 record overall in games when it gives up more than 73.3 points.
- The Demon Deacons average 15.8 more points per game (76.5) than the Cavaliers give up to opponents (60.7).
- Wake Forest has put together a 1-0 ATS record and a 3-0 overall record in games it scores more than 60.7 points.
- Virginia is 0-1 against the spread and 0-1 overall when it allows its opponents to score more than 76.5 points.
- The Cavaliers have out-scored their opponents by a total of 88 points this season (12.6 points per game on average), and the Demon Deacons have put up 63 more points than their opponents on the year (15.7 per game).
Virginia Betting Information
- Against the spread, Virginia has been strong this season, posting a 4-2 record.
- When favored by at least 14 points, the Cavaliers have fared well against the spread, compiling a 3-1 record.
- The Cavaliers have combined with their opponents to go over the total in 2 of 6 contests this season, a rate of 33.3%
Wake Forest Betting Information
- Wake Forest has covered the spread in less than half of its contests, going 1-2 ATS.
- When they are at least 14-point underdogs, the Demon Deacons have gone 1-1 against the spread.
- The Demon Deacons and their opponents have hit the over in less than half of their games this year — 1 of 3 (33.3%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/26/2020||Virginia||-7.5||114.5||-393||293||Regular Season||65-63 VIR|
|1/22/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||68-45 VIR|
- The scoring and rebounding leader for the Cavaliers is Sam Hauser, who accumulates 12.9 points and 6.4 rebounds per game.
- Virginia’s best passer is Kihei Clark, who averages 3.4 assists per game to go with his 10.6 PPG scoring average.
- Trey Murphy III provides the most three-point shooting production for the Cavaliers. He knocks down 2.3 threes per game.
- Reece Beekman is Virginia’s leader in steals, averaging 1.3 steals per game, while Jay Huff leads them in blocks with 2.4 per contest.
Wake Forest Leaders
- The Demon Deacons’ leader in scoring and rebounding is Isaiah Mucius with 11.3 points and 4.8 rebounds per game.
- Ian DuBose records more assists than any other Wake Forest teammate with 4.5 per game. He also averages 11.0 points and pulls down 4.5 rebounds per game.
- Jonah Antonio leads his teammates on the Demon Deacons with 2.7 made threes per game.
- Wake Forest’s leader in steals is DuBose with 2.5 per game, and its leader in blocks is Jalen Johnson with 0.8 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Posts not found