The Pittsburgh Panthers (8-5) will attempt to break a three-game losing streak when they host the No. 16 Virginia Tech Hokies (13-3) on Wednesday, February 3, 2021 at Petersen Events Center as only 3-point underdogs. The contest airs at 7:00 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under of 136.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Pittsburgh (+3)||Over (136.5)||Virginia Tech 70 Pittsburgh 68|
- In 56.2% of their games this year (nine of 16 chances), the Hokies and their opponents have combined to record more than this matchup’s point total of 136.5 points.
- Pittsburgh and its opponents have combined to score more than 136.5 points in 69.2% of their matchups this year (nine of 13 chances).
- The Hokies and the Panthers combine to average 7.9 more points per game than the total of 136.5 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 3.8 less points per game (132.7) than this matchup’s over/under of 136.5 points.
- The average total the Hokies have had set in matchups this year is 0.6 fewer points than this outing’s point total.
- Panthers games this year have averaged a total of 141.2 points, 4.7 more than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 72.1 points the Hokies put up per game are only 3.2 more points than the Panthers surrender (68.9).
- When Virginia Tech scores more than 68.9 points, it is 8-1 overall and 7-0 against the spread.
- When Pittsburgh allows more than 72.1 points, it is 2-5 against the spread and 3-4 overall.
- The Panthers’ 72.3 points per game are 8.5 more points than the 63.8 the Hokies give up to opponents.
- Pittsburgh has put together a 6-0 ATS record and a 7-3 overall record in games it scores more than 63.8 points.
- Virginia Tech’s record is 2-3 overall and 2-3 against the spread when it allows more than 72.3 points to its opponents.
- The Hokies have put up a total of 132 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 8.3 per game), and the Panthers have out-scored opponents by 44 points on the season (3.4 more per game).
Virginia Tech Betting Information
- Virginia Tech has been good against the spread this season, posting a 10-5 record.
- The Hokies have posted an even record of 4-4 against the spread when the spread is -3 or bigger.
- The Hokies and their opponents have gone over the total in 8 of 15 games (53.3%) this season.
Pittsburgh Betting Information
- Pittsburgh has covered the spread in greater than half of its outings, going 7-6 ATS.
- The Panthers have gone 3-3 against the spread when they are at least a 3-point underdog.
- Pittsburgh and its opponents have hit the over in less than half of their matchups this year — 6 of 13 (46.2%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/15/2020||Virginia Tech||-3.5||128||-176||+142||Regular Season||67-57 VTECH|
|2/16/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||70-64 VTECH|
Virginia Tech Leaders
- Keve Aluma leads the Hokies in scoring and rebounding, putting up 14.8 points and 7.6 rebounds per game.
- Wabissa Bede is the Hokies best passer, distributing 2.8 assists per game while scoring 4.6 PPG.
- Jalen Cole leads his teammates on the Hokies with 2.6 made threes per game.
- Hunter Cattoor and Aluma lead the Hokies on the defensive end, with Cattoor leading the team in steals averaging 1.0 per game and Aluma in blocks averaging 1.4 per contest.
- The Panthers’ leader in scoring and rebounding is Justin Champagnie with 20.1 points and 12.1 rebounds per game.
- Xavier Johnson dishes out 6.1 assists per game, the most assists on the Panthers.
- Ithiel Horton’s 1.9 made threes per game lead the Panthers.
- Champagnie’s steals (1.5 steals per game) and blocks (1.5 blocks per game) lead Pittsburgh defensively.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- College Basketball 2021-22 National Championship Betting Odds Update
- Men’s College Basketball Week 10 Parlay Betting Picks: Conference Co-Leaders Battle Each Other
- Top Men’s College Basketball Matches to Bet On Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
- Men’s College Basketball Week 9 Parlay Betting Picks
- Men’s College Basketball Matches to Bet On: Baylor Looking to Keep Winning Streak