The Wake Forest Demon Deacons (6-12) will attempt to break a four-game losing streak when they visit the No. 16 Virginia Tech Hokies (14-5) on Saturday, February 27, 2021 at Cassell Coliseum as heavy, 11.5-point underdogs. The contest airs at 4:00 PM ET on ACCN. The point total in the matchup is 132.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Wake Forest (+11.5)||Over (132.5)||Virginia Tech 74 Wake Forest 64|
- The Hokies and their opponents have scored at least 132.5 points — this matchup’s point total — in 12 of 19 outings (63.2%) this year.
- In 11 of 18 outings (61.1%) this year, Wake Forest and its opponents have combined to score at least 132.5 points.
- The two teams average a combined 6.5 more points per game (139) than this game’s over/under of 132.5 points.
- The Hokies and the Demon Deacons have seen their opponents average a combined 4.0 more points per game than the over/under of 132.5 set for this matchup.
- The Hokies average point total in matchups this season is 137.2, 4.7 points higher than the over/under in this game.
- The average over/under in Demon Deacons games this year is 5.8 more points than the point total of 132.5 in this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Hokies put up just 0.7 more points per game (71.5) than the Demon Deacons allow (70.8).
- When Virginia Tech puts up more than 70.8 points, it is 9-2 overall and 7-0 against the spread.
- Wake Forest is 5-4 against the spread and 1-8 overall when giving up more than 71.5 points.
- The Demon Deacons average only 1.8 more points per game (67.5) than the Hokies give up to opponents (65.7).
- When it scores more than 65.7 points, Wake Forest is 8-0 against the spread and 6-4 overall.
- Virginia Tech is 2-6 against the spread and 3-5 overall when it allows its opponents to score more than 67.5 points.
- The Hokies have totaled 109 more points than their opponents this season (5.8 per game on average), while the Demon Deacons have been out-scored by 59 total points (3.3 per game average differential).
Virginia Tech Betting Information
- Virginia Tech has been good against the spread this season, posting a 10-8 record.
- When favored by at least 11.5 points, the Hokies have fared well against the spread, putting together a 2-1 record.
- Virginia Tech has been reliable for the over this season, combining with opponents to reach the total in 10 of 18 games for a 55.6% rate.
Wake Forest Betting Information
- The Demon Deacons have a winning record against the spread, going 10-7 ATS (covering 58.8% of the time).
- When they are at least 11.5-point underdogs, the Demon Deacons have gone 1-1 against the spread.
- The Demon Deacons and their opponents have hit the over in more than half of their games this season — 9 of 17 (52.9%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/17/2021||Virginia Tech||-7||140||-312||+250||Regular Season||64-60 VTECH|
|1/14/2020||Virginia Tech||-3.5||137.5||-175||+142||Regular Season||80-70 VTECH|
|1/19/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||87-71 VTECH|
Virginia Tech Leaders
- Keve Aluma leads the Hokies in scoring and rebounding, putting up 15.5 points and 7.9 rebounds per game.
- Wabissa Bede leads Virginia Tech in assists, averaging 2.9 per game while also scoring 4.3 points per contest.
- Jalen Cole makes more threes per game than any other member of the Hokies, knocking down shots from downtown at a clip of 2.5 per contest.
- Bede and Aluma lead the Hokies on the defensive end, with Bede leading the team in steals averaging 0.8 per game and Aluma in blocks averaging 1.3 per contest.
Wake Forest Leaders
- Daivien Williamson’s points (12.7 per game) and assists (2.6 per game) stat lines give him the top rebounding and assists spots on the Demon Deacons’ leaderboards.
- Ody Oguama’s stat line of 5.4 rebounds, 8.6 points and 0.5 assists per game helps him grab the top spot on the Wake Forest rebounding leaderboard.
- Jonah Antonio hits 1.9 three-pointers per game, the most on the Demon Deacons.
- Wake Forest’s leader in steals is Williamson with 1.4 per game, and its leader in blocks is Emmanuel Okpomo with 0.8 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Alabama Crimson Tide vs. Tennessee Volunteers 3/13/2021 SEC Tournament Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Norfolk State Spartans vs. Morgan State Bears 3/13/2021 MEAC Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Michigan Wolverines vs. Ohio State Buckeyes: 3/13/2021 Big Ten Tournament Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Playoff Odds and Trends
- Wichita State Shockers vs. Cincinnati Bearcats: 3/13/2021 AAC Tournament Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Playoff Odds and Trends
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends