The Kansas State Wildcats (5-9) will look to break a five-game losing streak when they host the No. 14 West Virginia Mountaineers (9-4) on Saturday, January 23, 2021 at Bramlage Coliseum as big, 11.5-point underdogs. The matchup airs at 4:00 PM ET on ESPN2. The matchup has an over/under of 134.5 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Kansas State (+11.5)||Over (134.5)||West Virginia 75 Kansas State 65|
- The Mountaineers and their opponents have scored at least 134.5 points — this matchup’s over/under — in 10 of 13 games (76.9%) this year.
- Kansas State has played in six games this season (out of 14 total matchups — 42.9% of opportunities) where they combined with their opponents to score more than 134.5 points.
- The two teams average a combined 4.6 more points per game (139.1) than this matchup’s over/under of 134.5 points.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 141.3 points per game, 6.8 more than the point total for this game.
- The average point total in Mountaineers games this year is 10.1 more points than the over/under of 134.5 in this matchup.
- Wildcats games this year have averaged a total of 135.9 points, 1.4 more than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Mountaineers record just 3.3 more points per game (74.9) than the Wildcats give up (71.6).
- West Virginia is 6-1 overall and 5-0 against the spread when scoring more than 71.6 points.
- Kansas State has a 2-5 record against the spread and a 1-6 record overall when giving up more than 74.9 points.
- The Wildcats’ 64.2 points per game are 5.5 fewer points than the 69.7 the Mountaineers allow to opponents.
- When it puts up more than 69.7 points, Kansas State is 3-0 against the spread and 3-2 overall.
- West Virginia’s record is 6-4 overall and 4-6 against the spread when it gives up more than 64.2 points to its opponents.
- The Mountaineers have totaled 68 more points than their opponents this season (5.2 per game on average), while the Wildcats have been out-scored by 104 total points (7.4 per game average differential).
West Virginia Betting Information
- The Mountaineers have struggled somewhat against the spread this season, putting up a 6-7 record.
- The Mountaineers have struggled to cover, going just 1-2 ATS when favored by at least 11.5 points.
- West Virginia has been reliable for the over this season, combining with opponents to reach the total in 8 of 13 games for a 61.5% rate.
Kansas State Betting Information
- Kansas State has a losing record against the spread, going 4-10 ATS (covering just 28.6% of the time).
- When they are at least 11.5-point underdogs, the Wildcats have gone 1-1 against the spread.
- In most of Kansas State’s games this season, the teams have not hit the over (6 out of 14 games, 42.9%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/1/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||66-57 WVU|
|1/18/2020||West Virginia||-5.5||125||-246||+197||Regular Season||84-68 KSU|
|2/18/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||65-51 KSU|
|1/9/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||71-69 KSU|
West Virginia Leaders
- Miles McBride leads the Mountaineers in points and assists per game, scoring 15.1 points and distributing 4.0 assists.
- Derek Culver is the Mountaineers best rebounder, grabbing an average of 10.8 boards in each contest while scoring 13.8 points per game.
- Sean McNeil leads the Mountaineers in three-point shooting, making an average of 1.8 shots per game from beyond the arc.
- McBride and Culver lead West Virginia on the defensive end, with McBride leading the team in steals averaging 1.7 per game and Culver in blocks averaging 1.2 per contest.
Kansas State Leaders
- Mike McGuirl is the top scorer for the Wildcats with 11.7 points per game. He also tacks on 3.7 rebounds and 3.5 assists per game to his stats.
- The Kansas State leaders in rebounding and assists are DaJuan Gordon with 6.7 rebounds per game (he also adds 10.7 points and 2.0 assists per game) and Nijel Pack with 3.6 assists per game (he also tacks on 10.7 points and 3.4 rebounds per game).
- McGuirl provides the most three-point shooting production for the Wildcats. He makes 2.2 threes per game.
- The Wildcats’ leader in steals is Gordon with 1.3 per game, and Antonio Gordon is their leader in blocks with 0.4 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- NCAA Basketball March Madness Betting Analysis: Final Four Matches
- Elite Eight: St. Peter’s vs North Carolina Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Elite Eight: Miami vs Kansas Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Houston Cougars vs Villanova Wildcats Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Arkansas Razorbacks vs Duke Blue Devils Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds