The No. 10 West Virginia Mountaineers (15-6) are 8-point favorites as they look to continue a five-game road win streak when they square off against the TCU Horned Frogs (11-9) on Tuesday, February 23, 2021 at Ed and Rae Schollmaier Arena. The game airs at 7:00 PM ET on ESPN2. The matchup has an over/under set at 146.5 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|TCU (+8)||Under (146.5)||West Virginia 76 TCU 69|
- The Mountaineers and their opponents have combined to put up more than 146.5 points in 57.1% of their games this season (12 of 21 opportunities).
- TCU has played in eight games this year (out of 20 total matchups — 40% of opportunities) where they combined with their opponents to score at least 146.5 points.
- The two teams average a combined 0.4 less points per game (146.1) than this game’s over/under of 146.5 points.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 143.1 points per game, 3.4 fewer than the over/under for this game.
- The average point total for Mountaineers games this season is 3.7 more points than the over/under of 146.5 in this matchup.
- Horned Frogs games this year have averaged an over/under of 139 points, 7.5 less than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Mountaineers score 77.8 points per game, 7.1 more points than the 70.7 the Horned Frogs allow.
- West Virginia is 9-0 against the spread and 11-4 overall when scoring more than 70.7 points.
- TCU has a 3-4 record against the spread and a 2-5 record overall when giving up more than 77.8 points.
- The Horned Frogs’ 68.3 points per game are just 4.1 fewer points than the 72.4 the Mountaineers give up.
- When it scores more than 72.4 points, TCU is 5-0 against the spread and 6-2 overall.
- West Virginia is 7-8 against the spread and 9-6 overall when it allows more than 68.3 points.
- The Mountaineers have totaled 114 more points than their opponents this season (5.4 per game on average), while the Horned Frogs have been out-scored by 48 total points (2.4 per game average differential).
West Virginia Betting Information
- West Virginia has been good against the spread, going 11-10 on the season.
- The Mountaineers have struggled to cover, going just 3-5 ATS when favored by at least 8 points.
- The Mountaineers and their opponents have gone over the total in 15 of 21 games (71.4%) this season.
TCU Betting Information
- TCU has failed to cover the spread in more than half of its contests, going 8-11 ATS.
- When they are at least 8-point underdogs, the Horned Frogs have not fared well, going 0-3 against the spread.
- TCU and its opponents have hit the over in less than half of their games this season — 9 of 19 (47.4%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/22/2020||West Virginia||-5||127||-232||+183||Regular Season||67-60 TCU|
|1/14/2020||West Virginia||-7||125.5||-335||+260||Regular Season||81-49 WVU|
|2/26/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||104-96 WVU|
|1/15/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||98-67 TCU|
West Virginia Leaders
- The leader in points and assists for the Mountaineers is Miles McBride, who scores 16.2 points and dishes out 4.7 assists per game.
- Derek Culver leads the Mountaineers in rebounding, grabbing 10.1 boards per game while also scoring 15.0 points a contest.
- Sean McNeil connects on more threes per game than any other member of the Mountaineers, knocking down shots from deep at a rate of 2.3 per outing.
- McBride and Culver lead West Virginia on the defensive end, with McBride leading the team in steals averaging 1.7 per game and Culver in blocks averaging 0.9 per contest.
- RJ Nembhard’s points (16.8 per game) and assists (3.9 per game) stat lines give him the top rebounding and assists spots on the Horned Frogs’ leaderboards.
- Kevin Samuel’s stat line of 8.5 rebounds, 9.1 points and 0.8 assists per game helps him grab the top spot on the TCU rebounding leaderboard.
- Mike Miles makes 1.7 three-pointers per game, the most on the Horned Frogs.
- Samuel’s steals (1.2 steals per game) and blocks (2.0 blocks per game) lead TCU defensively.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED