The No. 12 Texas Tech Red Raiders (11-4) are just 2.5-point underdogs as they try to extend a three-game road winning streak when they square off against the No. 14 West Virginia Mountaineers (10-4) on Monday, January 25, 2021 at WVU Coliseum. The matchup airs at 9:00 PM ET on ESPN. The matchup has an over/under set at 137 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|West Virginia (-2.5)||Over (137)||West Virginia 71 Texas Tech 68|
- The Mountaineers and their opponents have scored at least 137 points — this matchup’s point total — in nine of 14 games (64.3%) this year.
- Texas Tech has combined with its opponents to score more than 137 points in five of 15 opportunities (33.3%) this year.
- These two teams average a combined 149.2 points per game, 12.2 more points than the total of 137 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined nine less points per game (128) than this matchup’s over/under of 137 points.
- The average point total in Mountaineers games this year is 5.6 more points than the over/under of 137 in this matchup.
- The average point total for the Red Raiders this season is 2.3 points lower than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 74.5 points per game the Mountaineers put up are 14.6 more points than the Red Raiders give up (59.9).
- When West Virginia puts up more than 59.9 points, it is 7-0 against the spread and 10-4 overall.
- In games when Texas Tech gives up more than 74.5 points, it is 1-1 against the spread and 1-1 overall.
- The Red Raiders’ 74.7 points per game are 6.6 more points than the 68.1 the Mountaineers give up.
- Texas Tech is 10-1 overall and 5-0 against the spread in games it scores more than 68.1 points.
- West Virginia is 2-2 against the spread and 1-3 overall when it allows its opponents to score more than 74.7 points.
- The Mountaineers have out-scored their opponents by a total of 90 points this season (6.4 points per game on average), and the Red Raiders have put up 222 more points than their opponents on the year (14.8 per game).
West Virginia Betting Information
- The Mountaineers are 7-7 against the spread this season.
- The Mountaineers fare well when favored by at least 2.5 points, posting a 5-4 record against the spread.
- West Virginia has been reliable for the over this season, combining with opponents to hit the total in 8 of 14 games for a 57.1% rate.
Texas Tech Betting Information
- The Red Raiders have a losing record against the spread, going 5-9 ATS (covering just 35.7% of the time).
- The Red Raiders have not fared well as a 2.5-point underdog, going 4-8 against the spread when they are at least 2.5-point underdogs.
- The Red Raiders and their opponents have hit the over in half of their games this season — 7 of 14.
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/29/2020||Texas Tech||-3||131.5||-164||+133||Regular Season||89-81 TTU|
|1/11/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||66-54 WVU|
|2/4/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||81-50 TTU|
|1/2/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||62-59 TTU|
West Virginia Leaders
- Miles McBride leads the Mountaineers in points and assists per game, scoring 15.3 points and distributing 4.1 assists.
- Derek Culver is the Mountaineers best rebounder, grabbing an average of 10.3 boards in each contest while scoring 13.4 points per game.
- Taz Sherman leads his teammates on the Mountaineers with 1.7 made threes per outing.
- McBride is the Mountaineers leader in steals, averaging 1.9 steals per game, while Culver leads them in blocks with 1.1 per contest.
Texas Tech Leaders
- Mac McClung is the top scorer for the Red Raiders with 16.3 points per game. He also adds 2.7 rebounds and 2.3 assists per game to his stats.
- The Texas Tech leaders in rebounding and assists are Marcus Santos-Silva with 6.2 rebounds per game (he also adds 8.9 points and 1.0 assist per game) and Kyler Edwards with 2.7 assists per game (he also tacks on 10.1 points and 5.5 rebounds per game).
- Edwards contributes the most three-point shooting production for the Red Raiders. He knocks down 1.8 threes per game.
- Texas Tech’s leader in steals is Nimari Burnett with 1.4 per game, and its leader in blocks is Santos-Silva with 1.3 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED