Kofi Cockburn leads the No. 5 Illinois Fighting Illini (17-6) into a matchup against the No. 23 Wisconsin Badgers (16-8) after scoring 24 points in an 86-70 win over Nebraska. The Fighting Illini are 3.5-point underdogs in the matchup on Saturday, February 27, 2021, which tips at 2:00 PM ET on ESPN. The matchup’s over/under is set at 136.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Illinois (+3.5)||Over (136.5)||Illinois 71 Wisconsin 70|
- The Badgers and their opponents have combined for 136.5 points — this matchup’s over/under — in seven of 24 opportunities (29.2%) this year.
- Illinois has played in 18 games this year (out of 23 total matchups — 78.3% of opportunities) where they and their opponents combined to score more than 136.5 points.
- The two teams average a combined 14.8 more points per game (151.3) than this game’s total of 136.5 points.
- The Badgers and the Fighting Illini have seen their opponents average a combined 4.6 less points per game than the over/under of 136.5 set in this outing.
- The average point total in Badgers games this season is 4.0 less points than the over/under of 136.5 in this matchup.
- The average point total for the Fighting Illini this year is 14.2 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Badgers average just 0.6 more points per game (69.8) than the Fighting Illini give up (69.2).
- Wisconsin has a 7-0 record against the spread and a 10-1 record overall when scoring more than 69.2 points.
- Illinois has put together a 4-7 record against the spread and a 6-5 record overall when allowing more than 69.8 points.
- The Fighting Illini score 18.8 more points per game (81.5) than the Badgers give up to opponents (62.7).
- Illinois has put together a 13-0-1 ATS record and a 17-6 overall record in games it scores more than 62.7 points.
- Wisconsin has an ATS record of 0-0 and a 0-0 record overall when its opponents score more than 81.5 points.
- The Badgers have totaled 171 more points than their opponents this season (7.1 per game on average), and the Fighting Illini have scored 284 more points than their opponents (12.3 per game).
Wisconsin Betting Information
- Wisconsin been consistently inconsistent against the spread this season, posting a 12-12 record.
- The Badgers fare well when favored by at least 3.5 points, posting a 10-8 record against the spread.
- The Badgers have combined with their opponents to go over the total in 10 of 24 contests this season, a rate of 41.7%
Illinois Betting Information
- The Fighting Illini have a winning record against the spread, going 13-9-1 ATS (covering 56.5% of the time).
- When they are at least 3.5-point underdogs, the Fighting Illini have fared well, going 10-7-1 against the spread.
- In the majority of Fighting Illini games this year, the teams have combined to hit the over (14 out of 23 games, 60.9%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/6/2021||Illinois||-4||135.5||-189||+155||Regular Season||75-60 ILL|
|1/8/2020||Wisconsin||-4.5||126||-205||+166||Regular Season||71-70 ILL|
|2/18/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||64-58 WISC|
|1/23/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||72-60 WISC|
- The Badgers leader in points and assists is D’Mitrik Trice, who puts up 13.5 points per game along with 4.0 assists.
- Wisconsin’s best rebounder is Micah Potter, who averages 6.2 boards per game in addition to his 12.4 PPG average.
- Brad Davison’s 1.9 threes per game leads the Badgers.
- Davison and Nate Reuvers lead the Badgers on the defensive end, with Davison leading the team in steals averaging 1.1 per game and Reuvers in blocks averaging 1.2 per contest.
- Ayo Dosunmu’s points (21.0 per game) and assists (5.3 per game) stat lines give him the top rebounding and assists spots on the Fighting Illini’s leaderboards.
- The Fighting Illini’s top rebounder is Cockburn — he grabs 10.0 per game while averaging 17.7 points per game.
- Trent Frazier leads the Fighting Illini in three-point shooting with an average of 2.1 made threes per game.
- Illinois’ leader in steals is Frazier (1.4 per game), and its leader in blocks is Cockburn (1.4 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- NCAA Basketball March Madness Betting Analysis: Final Four Matches
- Elite Eight: St. Peter’s vs North Carolina Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Elite Eight: Miami vs Kansas Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Houston Cougars vs Villanova Wildcats Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Arkansas Razorbacks vs Duke Blue Devils Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds