The No. 7 seed Xavier Musketeers (13-7) are 6.5-point favorites in the Big East Tournament over the No. 10 seed Butler Bulldogs (9-14) on Wednesday at Madison Square Garden. The contest begins at 6:00 PM ET and airs on FS1, with the winner moving one step closer to securing a guaranteed spot in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Butler (+6.5)||Over (133.5)||Xavier 72 Butler 67|
- The Musketeers and their opponents have scored at least 133.5 points — this matchup’s over/under — in 13 of 20 outings (65%) this year.
- Butler and its opponents have added up to score more than 133.5 points in 39.1% of their matchups this year (nine of 23 opportunities).
- The Musketeers and the Bulldogs combine to average 5.2 more points per game than the total of 133.5 set for this game.
- The Musketeers and the Bulldogs have seen their opponents average a combined 4.6 more points per game than the over/under of 133.5 set for this game.
- The average point total for Musketeers games this year is 11.8 more points than the total of 133.5 in this matchup.
- The average over/under for Bulldogs games this year is 2.1 fewer points than the point total of 133.5 for this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Musketeers average 75.1 points per game, 7.2 more points than the 67.9 the Bulldogs allow.
- When Xavier scores more than 67.9 points, it is 8-0 against the spread and 11-4 overall.
- Butler has a 0-4 record against the spread and a 0-4 record overall when giving up more than 75.1 points.
- The Bulldogs’ 63.6 points per game are 6.6 fewer points than the 70.2 the Musketeers give up to opponents.
- Butler has put together a 2-2 overall record and a 2-0 ATS record in games it scores more than 70.2 points.
- Xavier is 5-9 against the spread and 7-7 overall when it allows its opponents to score more than 63.6 points.
- The Musketeers have out-scored their opponents by a total of 98 points this season (4.9 points per game on average), and opponents of the Bulldogs have out-scored them by 99 more points on the year (4.3 per game).
Xavier Betting Information
- Xavier has earned an even 10-10 record against the spread this season.
- The Musketeers have posted a winning record of 4-3 against the spread when the spread is -6.5 or higher.
- Xavier has been reliable for the over this season, combining with opponents to hit the total in 11 of 20 games for a 55% rate.
Butler Betting Information
- The Bulldogs have a losing record against the spread, going 10-12-1 ATS (covering only 43.5% of the time).
- When they play as at least 6.5-point underdogs, the Bulldogs have a record ATS of 0-2.
- In most of Butler’s games this season, the teams have not hit the over (10 out of 23 games, 43.5%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/21/2021||Xavier||-11||132||-715||+505||Regular Season||63-51 XAV|
|1/30/2021||Butler||-2||132.5||-133||+110||Regular Season||68-55 XAV|
|3/7/2020||Xavier||-3.5||128||-173||+140||Regular Season||72-71 BUTLER|
|2/12/2020||Butler||-5.5||129||-249||+196||Regular Season||66-61 BUTLER|
- Zach Freemantle leads the Musketeers in scoring and rebounding, putting up 16.3 points and 9.0 boards per game.
- Paul Scruggs is the Musketeers best passer, dishing out 5.8 assists per game while scoring 14.2 PPG.
- Nate Johnson provides the most three-point shooting production for the Musketeers. He makes 2.6 threes per game.
- Scruggs is Xavier’s leader in steals, averaging 1.6 steals per game, while Freemantle leads them in blocks with 0.9 per contest.
- Chuck Harris is the top scorer for the Bulldogs with 12.8 points per game. He also adds 2.9 rebounds and 2.4 assists per game to his scoring output.
- Bryce Nze is atop the Bulldogs rebounding leaderboard with 8.0 rebounds per game, and Aaron Thompson paces the team in assists with 4.7 per outing.
- Jair Bolden contributes the bulk of the Bulldogs’ three-point shooting production. He makes 2.5 threes per game to pace the team.
- Myles Tate (1.2 steals per game) and Nze (0.5 blocks per game) lead the Bulldogs in steals and blocks, respectively.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED