The Xavier Musketeers (13-5) visit the Georgetown Hoyas (8-11) as 1.5-point favorites after Paul Scruggs went off for 23 points in the Musketeers 77-69 victory over Creighton. The game airs on FS1 at 7:00 PM ET on Tuesday, March 2, 2021. The matchup’s over/under is 147.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Georgetown (+1.5)||Under (147.5)||Georgetown 73 Xavier 72|
- In nine of 18 games (50%) this year, the Musketeers and their opponents have scored at least this matchup’s over/under of 147.5 points.
- Georgetown has combined with its opponents to score more than 147.5 points in seven of 19 games (36.8%) this season.
- The Musketeers and the Hoyas combine to average 0.1 more points per game than the over/under of 147.5 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 142.8 points per game, 4.7 fewer than the point total for this game.
- The average point total for Musketeers games this season is 0.7 fewer points than the total of 147.5 in this matchup.
- Hoyas games this season have averaged a total of 143.6 points, 3.9 fewer than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Musketeers average just four more points per game (76.5) than the Hoyas allow (72.5).
- Xavier has a 9-1 record overall and a 6-0 record against the spread when putting up more than 72.5 points.
- When Georgetown gives up more than 76.5 points, it is 4-3 against the spread and 2-5 overall.
- The Hoyas put up an average of 71.1 points per game, just 0.8 more points than the 70.3 the Musketeers allow.
- Georgetown is 6-4 overall and 8-0 against the spread in games it scores more than 70.3 points.
- Xavier’s record is 2-7 against the spread and 5-4 overall when it gives up more than 71.1 points.
- The Musketeers have totaled 111 more points than their opponents this season (6.2 per game on average), while the Hoyas have been out-scored by 26 total points (1.4 per game average differential).
Xavier Betting Information
- Xavier has been good against the spread this season, posting a 10-8 record.
- When favored by at least 1.5 points, the Musketeers have struggled to a 5-6 record ATS this season.
- In 11 of 18 (61.1%) contests this season, Xavier and its opponents have hit the over.
Georgetown Betting Information
- Georgetown has a winning record against the spread, going 11-8 ATS (covering 57.9% of the time).
- When they are at least 1.5-point underdogs, the Hoyas have fared well, going 3-2 against the spread.
- Georgetown and its opponents have hit the over in fewer than half of their matchups this season — 9 of 19 (47.4%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/1/2020||Xavier||-3.5||142||-174||+141||Regular Season||66-63 XAV|
|1/22/2020||Xavier||-4.5||147||-196||+159||Regular Season||66-57 XAV|
|1/31/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||80-73 GEORGE|
|1/9/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||81-75 XAV|
- The Musketeers leader in points and rebounds is Zach Freemantle, who scores 16.9 points and pulls down 9.0 rebounds per game.
- Scruggs leads Xavier in assists, averaging 6.1 per game while also scoring 14.4 points per contest.
- Nate Johnson hits more threes per game than any of his teammates on the Musketeers, knocking down shots from downtown at a rate of 2.6 per contest.
- Scruggs is the Musketeers leader in steals, averaging 1.7 steals per game, while Bryan Griffin leads them in blocks with 0.9 per contest.
- The Hoyas’ Jahvon Blair racks up enough points (15.8 per game) and assists (4.3 per game) to sit atop the team’s leaderboards.
- The Hoyas’ top rebounder is Qudus Wahab — he pulls down 8.1 per game while averaging 11.8 points per game.
- Blair’s 2.7 made threes per game lead the Hoyas.
- Don Carey (1.1 steals per game) is the steal leader for Georgetown while Wahab (1.9 blocks per game) is the block leader.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED