The Xavier Musketeers (12-4) hit the road in Big East play against the Providence Friars (11-11) on Wednesday, February 24, 2021 at 9:00 PM ET. The Musketeers are 1-point favorites in the game, the second matchup between the squads this season. The matchup has an over/under of 141.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Providence (+1)||Over (141.5)||Xavier 73 Providence 72|
- In 10 of 16 games (62.5%) this year, the Musketeers and their opponents have totaled at least this matchup’s point total of 141.5 points.
- Providence and its opponents have combined to score at least 141.5 points in 11 of 22 outings (50%) this year.
- The Musketeers and the Friars combine to average 6.0 more points per game than the total of 141.5 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 139.7 points per game, 1.8 less than the over/under for this game.
- The Musketeers average point total in outings this season is 146.6, 5.1 points higher than the over/under in this game.
- The average total in Friars games this season is 1.0 fewer point than the point total of 141.5 in this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Musketeers record 77 points per game, 6.9 more points than the 70.1 the Friars allow.
- Xavier is 5-0 against the spread and 8-2 overall when scoring more than 70.1 points.
- Providence has a 1-4 record against the spread and a 2-4 record overall when giving up more than 77 points.
- The Friars score an average of 70.5 points per game, only 0.9 more points than the 69.6 the Musketeers allow.
- Providence has put together an 8-0 ATS record and a 9-4 overall record in games it scores more than 69.6 points.
- Xavier’s record is 5-3 overall and 2-6 against the spread when it allows more than 70.5 points to its opponents.
- The Musketeers have totaled 118 more points than their opponents this season (7.4 per game on average), and the Friars have scored just eight more points than their opponents (0.4 per game).
Xavier Betting Information
- The Musketeers have been solid against the spread this season, earning a 9-7 record.
- The Musketeers have posted a losing record of 5-6 against the spread when the spread is -1 or bigger.
- Xavier has been reliable for the over this season, combining with opponents to reach the total in 10 of 16 games for a 62.5% rate.
Providence Betting Information
- The Friars have a losing record against the spread, going 10-11 ATS (covering only 47.6% of the time).
- When they are at least 1-point underdogs, the Friars have not fared well, going 4-6 against the spread.
- Providence and its opponents have hit the over in more than half of their matchups this year — 11 of 21 (52.4%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/10/2021||Xavier||-4||138||-186||+152||Regular Season||74-73 XAV|
|3/4/2020||Providence||-3.5||133||-177||+146||Regular Season||80-74 PROV|
|2/8/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||64-58 XAV|
|2/16/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||75-61 XAV|
|1/23/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||64-62 PROV|
- Zach Freemantle leads the Musketeers in scoring and rebounding, accumulating 16.5 points and 8.8 rebounds per game.
- Paul Scruggs is the Musketeers best passer, distributing 6.4 assists per game while scoring 13.4 PPG.
- Nate Johnson makes more threes per game than any other member of the Musketeers, knocking down shots from downtown at a rate of 2.6 per contest.
- The Xavier steals leader is Scruggs, who averages 1.8 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is Bryan Griffin, who compiles 0.9 rejections per contest.
- David Duke averages 17.1 points and tacks on 4.8 assists per game, putting him at the top of the Friars’ leaderboards in those statistics.
- The Friars’ top rebounder is Nate Watson — he pulls down 6.7 per game while averaging 16.7 points per game.
- Duke leads the Friars in three-point shooting with an average of 2.0 made threes per game.
- Duke (1.1 steals per game) and Watson (0.9 blocks per game) lead the Friars in steals and blocks, respectively.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED