When it comes to bettors, they tend to fall into a few different categories when college football bowl season comes around. There are some who see these games as nothing more than a crapshoot, choosing to avoid them altogether, while other wait for the playoffs before the wagering begins. Then there are those who love to get in on the action in every single game, which is what I love to do. More often than not, there is one play that always seems to stand out in every matchup and it’s all just a matter of doing some research to find that elusive play.
We are going to be covering as much of the bowl game action, including the New Orleans Bowl this coming Saturday night, with the Appalachian State Mountaineers and the UAB Blazers set to go head to head in The Big Easy. The Mountaineers come in as champions of the Sun Belt Conference, while the Blazers look to win their second bowl game since the football program was resurrected from the dead. Appalachian State are a 17-point favorite, with the point total set at 48.
Appalachian State vs UAB 2019 New Orleans Bowl Betting Lines & Preview
- When: Saturday, December 21 at 9 PM EST
- Where: Mercedes-Benz Superdome. New Orleans
- TV: ESPN
- Radio: SiriusXM
- Live Stream: WatchESPN
- New Orleans Bowl Betting Lines: Appalachian State -17 (Total 48)
Why bet on the Appalachian State Mountaineers?While some of the smaller conferences don’t get a lot of the headlines in college football, everyone knows about the Appalachian State Mountaineers. After a huge win against the Michigan Wolverines a few years back, the Mountaineers became a household name and always seem to be a potential upset specialist when they go up against the big boys.
This season was all about winning the Sun Belt for Appalachian State, which they did, ending the season with a 12-1 SU record. The Mountaineers closed out the regular season by covering the spread in 4 of their last 5 games. They are also 5-1 ATS in their last 6 December games, while going 5-0 SU in their last 5 versus teams from Conference USA.
- Points per Game: 39.38
- Passing Yards: 206.31
- Rushing Yards: 231.92
- Yards per Play: 6.30
- Points per Game: 20.23
- Passing Yards: 199.69
- Rushing Yards: 136.23
- Yards per Play: 5.00
Why bet on the UAB Blazers?When you consider that the UAB Blazers were not playing football just a few short years ago after shutting down their program, their rise back to prominence is all the more astounding. They were not able to repeat as C-USA champions, but their 9-4 SU record this season is still more than decent. The Blazers play a solid defensive style of football, which may help explain why 4 of their last 6 games have gone UNDER the point total.
On the negative side of things, the Blazers have played 2 neutral site games this season and lost them both. They are also just 2-4 ATS in their last 6 games overall, but they have covered the spread in 4 of their last 5 meetings with teams from the Sun Belt Conference.
- Points per Game: 23.62
- Passing Yards: 193.38
- Rushing Yards: 159.31
- Yards per Play: 5.53
- Points per Game: 20.85
- Passing Yards: 186.85
- Rushing Yards: 107.23
- Yards per Play: 4.59
Appalachian State vs UAB 2019 New Orleans Bowl Betting Trends
- Mountaineers are 12-1 SU in their last 13 games this season
- Mountaineers are 6-2 ATS in their last 8 games played on a Saturday
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Appalachian State’s last 9 games
- Blazers are 11-4 SU in their last 15 games
- Blazers are 2-4 ATS in their last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Alabama-Birmingham’s last 6 games
Expert Pick & Final Score Prediction for Appalachian State vs UABWe all know that the Mountaineers are very strong on the offensive side of the football, but they are going to have a tough time breaking down a very stout Blazers defense. I think they do more than enough to win and cover.
Score: Appalachian State Mountaineers 33 – UAB Blazers 13
More College Football Bowls Betting News
- Early CFP 2021-22 National Championship Odds: Georgia vs Alabama Betting Preview
- 2021 Texas Bowl Betting: Kansas State vs LSU Odds
- 2021 Sugar Bowl Betting: Baylor vs Ole Miss Odds
- College Football National Championship Betting Update: Possible Matchup
- 2021 Capital One Orange Bowl Betting: Georgia vs Michigan Odds
- 2021 Outback Bowl Betting: Penn State vs Arkansas Odds
- 2021 Fiesta Bowl Betting: Oklahoma State vs Notre Dame Odds
- 2021 Goodyear Cotton Bowl Classic Betting: Cincinnati vs Alabama Odds
- 2021 Las Vegas Bowl Betting: Arizona State vs Wisconsin Odds
- 2021 Gator Bowl Betting: Wake Forest vs Rutgers Odds
- 2021 Sun Bowl Betting: Central Michigan vs Washington State Odds
- Oregon Ducks Vs Oklahoma Sooners Betting Pick – Alamo Bowl Odds
- 2021 Cheez-It Bowl Betting: Clemson vs Iowa State Odds
- 2021 Valero Alamo Bowl Betting: Oregon vs Oklahoma Odds