Liberty battles Georgia Southern on Saturday in the 2019 Cure Bowl. Georgia Southern heads to Orlando City Stadium a -5 favorite. Will the favorite cover the spread in the Cure Bowl? Or, will Liberty win against the spread? Check out the odds, a preview and a free pick for the 2019 Cure Bowl!
Liberty vs Georgia Southern 2019 Cure Bowl Odds, Preview & Pick
- When: Saturday, Dec. 21 at 2:30 pm ET
- Where: Orlando City Stadium, Orlando, FL
- TV: CBSSN
- ATS Odds: Georgia Southern -5
- Over/Under Odds: 60
Why Liberty Flames are a good bet +5?
The Flames performed well versus more highly-touted teams. They lost by only 10 to Rutgers. BYU beat the Flames by only 7. Liberty beat a really good MAC team, Buffalo, 35-17. There’s no reason to believe Liberty won’t play as well against Georgia Southern the way they have throughout this season.
- Total Yards: 443.3
- Passing Yards: 290.5
- Rushing Yards: 152.8
- Points Scored: 33.7
- Total Yards: 422.8
- Passing Yards: 229.8
- Rushing Yards: 192.9
- Points Allowed: 29.1
Why Georgia Southern Eagles are a good bet -5?
The Eagles went 7-5 in the deep Sun Belt. Appalachian State, UL-Lafayette, and Arkansas State also got bowl bids. Not only that, but Georgia Southern is the only team this season that handed Appalachian State a loss. The Eagles should have no trouble with Liberty in the Cure Bowl.
- Total Yards: 333.6
- Passing Yards: 72.8
- Rushing Yards: 260.8
- Points Scored: 29.2
- Total Yards: 377.3
- Passing Yards: 240.2
- Rushing Yards: 137.1
- Points Allowed: 28.6
2019 Cure Bowl Betting Trends for Liberty Flames vs Georgia Southern Eagles
- Flames are 7-2 ATS in their last 9 games on grass
- Liberty is 0-4 ATS in their last 4 non-conf games
- The Over is 4-1 in the Flames last 5 games
- Under is 5-1 in Liberty’s last 6 games as an underdog
- Georgia Southern is 16-7 ATS in their last 23 games following an SU win of more than 20 points
- Eagles are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games following an ATS win
- The Under is 11-3 in Eagles last 14 games following a straight up win of more than 20 points
- Over is 4-1 in Georgia Southern’s last 5 games
Liberty vs Georgia Southern 2019 Cure Bowl Final Betting Analysis
The battle between the Flames and Eagles should be a close contest. Georgia Southern is the only team this season to beat the Appalachian State Mountaineers. But the Eagles also lost to Troy and South Alabama.
Liberty played well enough to beat New Mexico State twice and New Mexico once. The most impressive performance, though, happened in a blowout loss. Virginia, the ACC runner-up, beat Liberty 55-27. Yes, the Flames gave up 55 points. But, they also scored 27 against a good defense.
On Dec. 21, a close battle should ensue. Points against the spread become ultra-important in bowl games between two similar teams. Back Liberty to cover even though they might lose straight up.
Cure Bowl Free Pick: Liberty +5
More College Football Bowls Betting News
- NCAAF 2021 #2 Cincinnati at Tulane Betting Analysis
- NCAAF 2021 Season: Texas Tech vs Oklahoma Betting Analysis & Prediction
- NCAAF Biggest Betting Mismatches for Week 9
- 2021 NCAAF Season Week 9 SU Betting Picks & Analysis
- NCAAF 2021 Season – Week 9 ATS Betting Picks
- NCAAF 2021 Season Week 9 Matches To Must Watch and Wager On
- NCAAF Betting Predictions & Expert Analysis for Week 9 Matches
- NCAAF Oklahoma Sooners vs Kansas Jayhawks Betting Odds and Prediction
- NCAAF 2021 Tennessee Volunteers at Alabama Betting Analysis
- NCAA Football Top 10 College Teams Betting Options Update
- 2021 NCAAF Season Week 8 SU Betting Picks & Analysis
- NCAAF 2021 Season – Week 8 ATS Betting Picks
- Top 2021 NCAAF Week 8 Matches to Must Watch and Bet On
- NCAAF 2021 Alabama Crimson Tide at Mississippi State Betting Analysis