First ranked LSU battles Oklahoma at the Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta, GA in the first of 2 College Football Playoff Semifinal matchups on Saturday, Dec. 28. The LSU Tigers went from a -8 ½ favorite to a -13 favorite. Will LSU win and cover? Or, will the Oklahoma Sooners keep the game within the spread. Check out the college football odds, analysis and a free pick for LSU vs Oklahoma at the 2019 Peach Bowl!
Oklahoma vs LSU 2019 Peach Bowl Lines, Analysis & Prediction
- When: Saturday, Dec. 28 at 4:00 pm ET
- Where: Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Atlanta, GA
- TV: ESPN
- ATS Odds: LSU -13
- Over/Under Odds: 76
- Mostly Cloudy: 19°C/66°F
- Humidity: 75%
- Precipitation: 20%
- Wind: 5 mph SE
- Cloud Cover: 67%
- Type of Stadium: Retractable
Why the Oklahoma Sooners are a good bet +13?
The Sooners can score with the LSU Tigers. Oklahoma averages 43.2 points per game. The points come from 554.2 total yards on average per matchup. Not only does Oklahoma score a lot of points, they’re balanced on offense. The Sooners average 302.8 passing yards and 251.4 rushing yards. Because of their offensive balance, the Oklahoma Sooners offer excellent value at +13 against LSU.
- Total Yards: 554.2
- Passing Yards: 302.8
- Rushing Yards: 251.4
- Points Scored: 43.2
- Total Yards: 331.3
- Passing Yards: 198.5
- Rushing Yards: 132.8
- Points Allowed: 24.5
Why the LSU Tigers are a good bet -13?
LSU has the Heisman Trophy winner. Oklahoma doesn’t. Joe Burrow threw for 4,715 yards. He threw 48 touchdown passes to 6 interceptions. But that’s not the most impressive Burrow stat. The most impressive stat is that Joe Burrow doesn’t miss. He completes 77.9% of his passes. That’s 78-of-100. The Sooners’ defense won’t stop Burrow. He’ll ensure LSU wins the Peach Bowl with room to spare.
- Total Yards: 554.5
- Passing Yards: 386.8
- Rushing Yards: 167.7
- Points Scored: 47.8
- Total Yards: 342
- Passing Yards: 221.7
- Rushing Yards: 120.3
- Points Allowed: 21.2
2019 Peach Bowl Betting Trends for Oklahoma Sooners vs LSU Tigers
- Oklahoma is 5-1 ATS in their last 6 versus the SEC
- Sooners are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games
- Oklahoma is 4-11 ATS in their last 15 neutral site games
- Under is 4-0 in Oklahoma’s last 4 neutral site games
- LSU is 5-1 ATS in their last 6 neutral site games
- Tigers are 7-2 ATS versus a team with a winning record
- LSU is 5-0 ATS in their last 5 versus the Big 12
- Over is 5-1-1 in LSU’s last 7 non-conference games
Oklahoma vs LSU 2019 Peach Bowl Final Betting Analysis
Joe Burrow is great. Burrow doesn’t play defense, though. The LSU defense must stop the most electrifying quarterback in college football on Saturday. Jalen Hurts, the Alabama transfer, finished second to Burrow in Heisman voting.
Hurts threw for 3,632 yards. He threw 32 touchdowns to 7 interceptions. He completed 71.8% of his passes. All great stats but the stat that matters most are Jalen’s rush yards and rush touchdowns. Hurts ran for 841 yards. He scored 12 rushing touchdowns. He’s impossible to stop because unlike other rushing quarterbacks, Jalen is massive. Hurts is 6’ 2” and 219 pounds.
LSU should win the Peach Bowl on Saturday. But if we back the Tigers, we give Jalen Hurts and Oklahoma a 13 point lead. That’s impossible to do. Yes, LSU’s defense is better than Oklahoma’s. It’s not good enough to contain the best dual-threat quarterback in NCAAF. LSU wins the game. Oklahoma wins against the spread.
2019 Peach Bowl Free Pick: Oklahoma +13
More College Footbal Bowls Betting News
- NCAA Football Betting Predictions: Programs that Will Struggle in 2022
- College Football Games to Bet On 2022 With the Highest Stakes on the Calendar
- NCAA Football Win Totals Betting Predictions for the Upcoming 2022 Season
- NCAA Football National Championship Betting Analysis: 5 Reasons Why Alabama Wins it All
- Early CFP 2021-22 National Championship Odds: Georgia vs Alabama Betting Preview
- 2021 Texas Bowl Betting: Kansas State vs LSU Odds
- 2021 Sugar Bowl Betting: Baylor vs Ole Miss Odds
- College Football National Championship Betting Update: Possible Matchup
- 2021 Capital One Orange Bowl Betting: Georgia vs Michigan Odds
- 2021 Outback Bowl Betting: Penn State vs Arkansas Odds
- 2021 Fiesta Bowl Betting: Oklahoma State vs Notre Dame Odds
- 2021 Goodyear Cotton Bowl Classic Betting: Cincinnati vs Alabama Odds
- 2021 Las Vegas Bowl Betting: Arizona State vs Wisconsin Odds
- 2021 Gator Bowl Betting: Wake Forest vs Rutgers Odds