We are 3 weeks into the college football season, and it has already become clear that the path to the National Championship Game is not going to be a smooth one for the teams considered the favorites in 2021. We had a few of the big teams survive scares this past weekend and you get the definite sense that a whole lot of upsets are on their way. The new National Rankings are out, and the weekend results have definitely had an impact on a few teams. Let’s take a closer look at the top 10 so you can continue making your bets against the NCAAF odds.
College Football Power Rankings Heading Into Week 4
1. Alabama Crimson Tide – After rolling in the opening 2 weeks, the Crimson Tide ran into a very tough Florida Gators team on Saturday. While Alabama came away with the win, they were made to work very hard for it, outlasting Florida by a score of 31-29. They play Southern Miss in Week 4 in what should be a cakewalk.
2. Georgia Bulldogs – While some of the bigger teams struggled, the Georgia Bulldogs once again looked like championship material, downing the South Carolina Gamecocks by a score of 40-13. The defense was huge once again and they should have another field day in Week 4 when they face the Vanderbilt Commodores.
3. Oregon Ducks – There was always a chance of a letdown after Oregon toppled Ohio State on the road last weekend, but that did not happen. Instead, the Ducks blew past Stony Brook for a comfortable 48-7 win. Arizona is next for the Ducks in Week 4.
4. Oklahoma Sooners – The Sooners D finally had themselves a good game, but the offense was not typically explosive in a 23-16 win over Nebraska. The Oklahoma Sooners were a little lucky to hold on in this one and slipped down a spot to #4. They have a tricky one against West Virginia this coming weekend.
5. Iowa Hawkeyes – After opening their season with a pair of wins over ranked teams, the Iowa Hawkeyes had an easier go of it in Week 3, taking down Kent in a comfortable 30-7 win. You would certainly like them to remain unbeaten against Colorado State in Week 4.
6. Penn State Nittany Lions – The game may have been a little controversial at times, but the Nittany Lions held off the Auburn Tigers to win their white out game 28-20. That was enough o move them 4 spots up the rankings. They will be up against Villanova this weekend.
7. Texas A&M Aggies – The Aggies needed a good showing in Week 3 after a poor performance against Colorado. They got it, taking down New Mexico by a score of 34-0. Tougher challenges are on the horizon, including a game against ranked Arkansas this coming weekend.
8. Cincinnati Bearcats – The Bearcats were down early and pulled into a dogfight against Illinois in Week 3. The good news for Cincinnati was that they pulled away to get a 38-24 win. Things get much tougher this week, with Notre Dame up next.
9. Clemson Tigers – What is wrong with the Clemson Tigers? Yes, they won in Week 3, but it was a scrappy 14-8 win over Georgia Tech in a game we all thought would be a blowout. They will need to be a whole lot better against NC State this coming weekend.
10. Ohio State Buckeyes – After a loss to Oregon last week, the Ohio State Buckeyes needed a good showing in Week 3. They got the win, but winning 41-20 against Tulsa is another sign that all is not right with this team. They need to pile it on against Akron in Week 4.
College Football Betting News
- NCAA Football Five ACC Conference Fearless Betting Predictions for the Upcoming Season
- NCAA Football Five AAC Conference Fearless Betting Predictions for the Upcoming Season
- NCAA Football Georgia Bulldogs Wins Total Betting Prediction for Upcoming 2022 Season
- NCAA Football Alabama Crimson Tide Wins Total Betting Prediction for Upcoming 2022 Season
- 2022 NCAA Football Betting Tips to Cash In the 1st Weeks of the Season