We knew going into Week 6 that we would see a change in the top 4. After all, we had the #3 and #4 teams meeting up, so a change was guaranteed. What we did not expect was that the #1 team would fall as well. This has been an astonishing season in college football, and you can’t help but feel as though we haven’t seen the end of the drama. The upshot of all that went down in Week 6 is that we have a new #1 and a new favorite to win it all. Whether it stays that way remains to be seen, but let’s look at the current top 10 after week 6 of the 2021 Regular Season so you can continue placing your bets against the NCAAF odds.
College Football Power Rankings Heading Into Week 7
1. Georgia Bulldogs – Georgia went into Auburn and stayed unbeaten with a 34-10 win. The scary thing with this team is that they are playing with a back-up QB and not really yet showing their best on offense.
2. Iowa Hawkeyes – If we are being honest, the Hawkeyes are a bit of a surprise. We expected them to be good, just not #2 good after 6 weeks. They had a huge win over Penn State this past weekend, but still have some big matchups to come.
3. Cincinnati Bearcats – It is certainly good to see a team outside the Power 5 crack the top 4, but let’s not forget that things could change once the Playoff Committee starts with their rankings. The Cincinnati Bearcats just need to keep winning.
4. Oklahoma Sooners – You do have to say that the Oklahoma Sooners are here by the skin of their teeth after a huge comeback win over Texas in Week 5. They have now dodged a couple of bullets, so how long can they stay here.
5. Alabama Crimson Tide – The biggest upset of the weekend saw Alabama lose a thriller on the road at Texas A&M. Given the current state of the SEC West, you would still like Alabama to get to the SEC Championship Game, but there is zero room for error.
6. Ohio State Buckeyes – The Ohio State Buckeyes are beginning to look like the team we thought they might be, but that loss to Oregon earlier in the season still looms large. The tough part of their schedule is still to come.
7. Penn State Nittany Lions – The Big Ten is proving to be a bit of a dog-eat-dog conference this season, which Penn State found out the hard way in a loss to the Iowa Hawkeyes. Penn State are not out of it, but they need to win out now.
8. Michigan Wolverines – There was not a ton of expectation on the shoulders of the Michigan Wolverines coming into the season, but they have very quietly started moving up the ranks. Some huge conference games still on the horizon.
9. Oregon Ducks – When you lose a game, you always want to bounce right back with a win. The Oregon Ducks had the bye in Week 6, so they did not get that opportunity. It will be Cal up next for them this coming weekend.
10. Michigan State Spartans – Like we said already, the Big Ten is the conference to keep an eye on at the moment. The Michigan State Spartans are not getting a ton of press, but they are an impressive 6-0. Again, huge games still to come.