The Allstate Sugar Bowl trophy makes its appearance at Media Day #Sugar15 pic.twitter.com/BfqgdzXyvT — Allstate Sugar Bowl (@SugarBowlNola) December 30, 2014Nick Saban once again has the Crimson Tide ready to get into yet another National Championship game. Alabama were red hot as the season came to an end, cranking out an 8-game win streak and pretty much demolishing anything in their path. The SEC Championship game against Missouri looked like a mismatch going in, and Bama did nothing to change that perception, taking out the Tigers 42-13. In the final 3 games of the season, the Crimson Tide offense was able to put a staggering 145 points on the board. BETTING ODDS Everyone is looking at Alabama as being the team to beat coming into the playoffs, and they have been made 9-point favorites for the Sugar Bowl. As good as they have been on the field, Alabama have not been a very good bet, going just 5-7 ATS on the season. The Buckeyes were 8-5 ATS on the season, and were a perfect 2-0 when having a minimum of 2 weeks between games. That says something about the ability of Meyer to put together a solid game plan when given a little extra time. Game Odds: OHIO STATE: +9-110, OV 58 ½ -110, ML +280 ALABAMA: -9-110, UN 58 ½ -110, ML -330 The biggest concern that Ohio State have coming into this one is whether they can put enough points on the board to keep pace with Alabama. I just don’t think they can, although I don’t see this as a blowout. I’m going with Ohio State +9.
NCAAF betting fans may have different ideas about who are the best college football coaches in modern times, but you can bet that every single one of them will have Nick Saban and Urban Meyer somewhere in the argument. The excitement about the first college football playoff was already sky high, but getting to see these two greats go head to head makes it all the better.
Date/Time: January 1st, 8:30 PM
Location: Mercedes-Benz Superdome, New Orleans, LouisianaThe Ohio State Buckeye’s didn’t look as they were going to be a part of this playoff at the end of the season. They were on the outside looking in, yet somehow managed to land the number 4 spot in spite of TCU, who were at number 3 going into the final week, destroying Iowa State in their final game. The Buckeyes looked out of it after losing at home to Virginia Tech, but they rolled after that, blowing out Wisconsin the Big 10 Championship Game. The loss of QB J.T. Barrett really has to be factored in here, though, as they are going to have to score some points against an Alabama offense that ended the season on a high.
Sports & Betting Topics
Latest News, Tips & Expert Picks
- NCAAF 2021 Alabama Crimson Tide at Mississippi State Betting Analysis
- #11 Kentucky vs #1 Georgia | NCAAF Betting Analysis, Odds & Picks
- #12 Oklahoma State vs #25 Texas | NCAAF Betting Analysis & Prediction
- NCAAF 2021 Season: Top 25 Wagering Options & Analysis Update
- Purdue vs #2 Iowa | NCAAF Game Preview and Betting Odd
- NCAAF 2021 Season Week 7 Parlay Betting Picks & Predictions
- NCAAF 2021 Regular Season – Week 7 ATS Betting Picks
- Updated National Championship odds: Ohio State back in business
- Appalachian State vs. Louisiana | Tuesday Night NCAAF
- NCAAF 2021 Power Rankings Betting Analysis After Week 6
- 2021 NCAAF Season Week 7 SU Betting Picks to Wager On
- Top 2021 NCAAF Week 7 Matches to Must Watch and Bet On
- #1 Alabama vs Texas A&M | 2021 NCAAF Betting Line
- #13 Arkansas Razorbacks vs #17 Ole Miss Rebels : SEC Hoping to Bounce Back
- Updated Odds to Win the College Football National Championship Coming into Week 6