If you don’t know it now, you should. Sunday’s week 3 matchup between the Chicago Bears and Seattle Seahawks who have been considered favorites to get to Superbowl looks like a virtual lock alert that all NFL betting odds fans should jump all over. Here’s why one team looks like a lock.
When: 4:25 PM ET, Sunday, September 27, 2015
Where: CenturyLink Field, Seattle, Washington
NFL Odds: Seattle -15
Seattle was on the wrong end of a 27-17 loss against Green Bay in Week 3 and failed to cover the spread as a 3.5-point road dog. Marshawn Lynch was held to just 41 rushing yards in the loss, but there’s good news for Seahawks fans and betting backers heading into this contest with all-world safety Kam Chancellor announcing this week that he was returning to the field after holding out since the preseason. Quarterback Russell Wilson went 19 of 30 for 206 yards and one touchdown while running for 78 yards on 10 carries. “Yeah, it was a heartbreaker,” Wilson said. “Disappointing game because we felt like we were going to have a chance to go down the field and win there. But you have to move forward and realize there’s a lot of season left.”
Chicago got spanked 48-23 by Arizona in Week 2 while never coming close to covering the spread as a 2-point underdog. The Bears lost starting quarterback Jay Cutler o injury in the defeat and will almost assuredly turn to backup Jimmy Clausen in this contest. “You’ve just got to keep pushing forward,” Clausen said. “I felt the air was deflated a little bit, but guys did a great job just trying to (say) ‘let’s go, let’s go, let’s go’ and pick up the tempo a little bit, try to move the chains.” Cutler was injured when he tried to tackle defensive back Tony Jefferson after tossing a costly interception that Jefferson returned for a pick six.
56 percent of public bettors likes Seattle to cover the spread and I’m a bit stunned that figure is so low. Seattle is 26-2 at home when Russell Wilson starts, not to mention 17-7 ATS in their last 24 home games against a team with a losing road record. Conversely, the Bears are 10-25 ATS in their last 35 games against their NFC counterparts and just 2-8 ATS in their last 10 games following a double-digit home loss at home. With Seattle going 37-18-2 ATS in their last 57 home games, I say the Seattle Seahawks are a lock in this one!
Sports & Betting Topics
Latest News, Tips & Expert Picks
- NFL 2021 Season: Lions vs Rams Betting Analysis & Prediction
- NFL 2021 Season: Houston Texans at Arizona Betting Analysis
- NFL Philadelphia Eagles at Las Vegas Betting Analysis – Week 7
- NFL WFT vs Green Bay Packers Betting Analysis – Week 7
- NFL Indianapolis Colts at San Francisco Betting Analysis – Week 7
- Chicago vs Tampa Bay | NFL Betting Analysis & Prediction
- NY Jets vs New England | NFL Betting Preview and Matchup
- NFL Super Bowl LVI Betting Odds Shifts After Week 6
- NFL Kansas City Chiefs vs Tennessee Titans Betting Analysis – Week 7
- NFL 2021 Season: Panthers vs Giants Betting Analysis & Prediction
- NFL 2021 Season: Cincinnati Bengals at Baltimore Betting Analysis
- NFL 2021 Season: Falcons vs Dolphins Betting Analysis & Prediction
- NFL 2021 Week 7 Odds Favorites to Wager On
- NFL Denver Broncos at Cleveland Betting Analysis – Week 7
- NFL 2021 Season Week 7 O/U Betting Picks & Predictions