If you are a quarterback who is in the middle of the league in terms of quality, how far can you realistically take a team? NFL betting fans have seen it happen, Jake Delhomme took the Carolina Panthers to a Super Bowl. Craig Morton took the Denver Broncos to one. Ron Jaworski took the Philadelphia Eagles to one. Kyle Boller took the Ravens to one. However, there are two ways to get to the middle of the pack: you can be consistently mediocre over time, or you can alternate terrific plays with terrifying ones.
Inconsistent quarterbacks who play in the middle of the pack don’t get the same type of support that mediocre quarterbacks do. After all, fans just can’t take those sorts of errors game after game. One exception might be Cam Newton, who has some rabid supporters in Carolina. But after three more inconsistent teams, people will have the same irate attitude toward him there that Chicago fans have learned to adopt with regard to Jay Cutler. Inconsistent quarterbacks make loud enemies.
So what do you do if you have a quarterback like Dalton? Fans want a new quarterback, but it’s really hard to just go out and find one. Remember how long it took the Dallas Cowboys to find a decent replacement for Troy Aikman? That dark era between Aikman and Tony Romo featured some awful signal-callers in Big D. Or how about the Eagles’ ongoing struggle to replace Donovan McNabb. They might have found something solid in Sam Bradford, but we’ll see.
Dalton is one quarterback who has gotten a ton of scrutiny for his play. Each of his four seasons, the Bengals have gone to the playoffs. However, they have lost in the first round each time, and the fandom has blamed Dalton each time, fair or not. However, debating whether it is his fault in the playoffs isn’t important. Instead, it’s important to look at his entire body of work. The Bengals’ front office staff have evaluated him and found him to be quite average. However, the fans think that the Bengals will not win with Dalton, while the front office still needs to be convinced. If the offense remains conservative and the Bengals can find some quality talent with which to surround Dalton, things might be different. It remains to be seen, now that Dalton has the talented A.J. Green to catch the ball, along with some other solid athletes, whether Dalton can elevate his game and push further into the playoffs this year.
Sports & Betting Topics
Latest News, Tips & Expert Picks
- NFL Dallas Cowboys vs New England Patriots Betting Analysis – Week 6
- NFL Monday Night Football: Buffalo Bills at Tennessee Betting Analysis
- NFL 2021 Season: Raiders vs Broncos Betting Analysis & Prediction
- NFL 2021 Season: Arizona Cardinals at Cleveland Betting Analysis
- Seattle vs Pittsburgh NFL Betting Review | No Russell Wilson For Seahawks
- NFL Super Bowl Betting Update: Most Important Changes in the Odds
- NFL Green Bay Packers vs Chicago Bears Betting Analysis – Week 6
- NFL Minnesota Vikings at Carolina Betting Analysis – Week 6
- NFL Kansas City Chiefs vs Washington Football Team Betting Analysis – Week 6
- NFL 2021 Season: Houston Texans vs Indianapolis Colts Betting Analysis & Prediction
- NFL 2021 Season: Cincinnati Bengals at Detroit Betting Analysis
- NFL 2021 Season: Rams vs Giants Betting Analysis & Prediction
- NFL 2021 Overseas Matchup: Miami vs Jacksonville at London Betting Analysis
- NFL 2021 Season Week 6 SU Betting Picks & Analysis
- NFL 2021 Season Week 6 O/U Betting Picks & Predictions