Oddsmakers give the Houston Texans (4-10) a good chance to stop their three-game losing streak, as they are favored by 7.5 points in a matchup with the Cincinnati Bengals (3-10-1) on Sunday, December 27, 2020 at NRG Stadium. The point total is set at 46.0.
- Game Day: Sunday, December 27, 2020
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Houston, TX
- Stadium: NRG Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Texans Betting Insights
- Houston is just 5-9 against the spread.
- Houston’s games have gone under the point total in eight out of 14 outings this season (57.1%).
- The Bengals defense has allowed 25.4 points per game this season, close to the same amount as the 22.5 the Texans have scored.
- In games where Houston score at least 22.5 points this season, they are 4-2 overall and 3-3 against the spread.
- When the Cincinnati defense allows 25.4 points or fewer this year, the Bengals have accumulated a 3-4-1 overall record and a 5-3 record against the spread.
Bengals Betting Insights
- Cincinnati has an 8-6 record against the spread.
- Half of Cincinnati’s games this year — seven out of 14 — have gone over the point total.
- The Bengals have averaged 8.2 fewer points per game this season (19.4) than the Texans have allowed (27.6).
- Cincinnati is 3-3-1 overall and 7-0 against the spread when they score at least 19.4 points this season.
- When Houston allows opposing offenses to put 27.6 points or fewer on the scoreboard this year, they are 4-3 overall and 5-2 against the spread.
|Bengals (+7.5)||Over (46)||Texans 27 Bengals 20|
- The average point total for Texans games this year is 4.1 more points than the over/under of 46.0 in this matchup.
- The average over/under in Bengals games this year is 1.3 less points than the point total of 46.0 in this outing.
- The Texans and their opponents have recorded more than 46.0 points in 78.6% of their outings this season (11 of 14 opportunities).
- The Bengals have played in seven games this year (out of 14 total matchups — 50% of opportunities) where they combined with their opponents to score at least 46.0 points.
- These two teams average a combined 41.9 points per game, 4.1 fewer points than the over/under of 46.0 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 53 points per game, 7.0 more than the point total in this game.
Texans vs Bengals: Last 5 Meetings
In the past five meetings between these two teams, Houston has a 4-1 advantage over Cincinnati. Houston has had the upper hand scoring in those five matchups, scoring 68 points while Cincinnati notched 66.
|Date||Home Team||Total Yards||Result|
|9/14/2017||Bengals||295-266 CIN||13-9 HOU|
|12/24/2016||Texans||294-250 CIN||12-10 HOU|
|11/23/2014||Texans||372-248 CIN||22-13 CIN|
Betting Insights: Last Three Games (Both Teams)
- The Texans have averaged a total of 45.3 combined points in their last three games, 0.7 less than this matchup’s total of 46.0.
- Houston has gone 1-2 against the spread and 0-3 overall over the last three contests.
- Houston has hit under the total three times in the last three contests.
- The Bengals have averaged a total of 35.7 combined points in their last three games, 10.3 fewer than this game’s over/under of 46.0.
- Cincinnati has struggled to cover, going 1-2 against the spread and 1-2 straight up over their last three games.
- The under has been familiar to Cincinnati. They have failed to reach the total two times in their last three contests.
Texans: WR Randall Cobb: Out (Toe), SS Michael Thomas: Out (Shoulder), CB Bradley Roby: Out (Suspended), CB Phillip Gaines: Questionable (Knee), DE Brandon Dunn: Out (Pelvis), ILB Benardrick McKinney: Out (Shoulder), RB Duke Johnson: Questionable (Neck), WR Will Fuller V: Out (Suspension), CB Gareon Conley: Out (Ankle), OLB Dylan Cole: Out (Back), SS Justin Reid: Out (Hand), DT P.J. Hall: Out (Torn Pectoral), OLB Duke Ejiofor: Out (Torn Acl), G Hjalte Froholdt: Out (Illness), OT Tytus Howard: Out (Concussion), FB Cullen Gillaspia: Out (Back)
Bengals: DT Geno Atkins: Out (Shoulder), CB Trae Waynes: Out (Pectoral), TE C.J. Uzomah: Out (Torn Achilles), C B.J. Finney: Questionable (Abdomen), WR Tyler Boyd: Questionable (Concussion), NT D.J. Reader: Out (Quadricep), RB Joe Mixon: Out (Foot), WR John Ross III: Out (Foot), CB Brian Allen: Out (Illness), OLB Jordan Evans: Questionable (Hamstring), CB Darius Phillips: Questionable (Knee), WR Auden Tate: Out (Shoulder), CB Tony Brown: Questionable (Hamstring), OT Jonah Williams: Out (Knee), NT Renell Wren: Out (Quadriceps), QB Joe Burrow: Out (Knee (acl) (mcl)), LB Logan Wilson: Questionable (Ankle)
More Recent NFL News
- NFL Super Bowl 56 Betting Update After Week 6: Chiefs’ Odds Rise
- NFL Week 7 Odds Overview & Predictions for Each Game
- NFL 2021 Season Week 7 ATS Betting Analysis & Picks
- Buffalo Bills vs Tennessee Titans MNF | NFL Week 6 Preview and Odds
- Seattle vs Pittsburgh NFL Betting Review | No Russell Wilson For Seahawks