The Los Angeles Chargers (5-9) are 3.0-point favorites when they host the Denver Broncos (5-9) in an AFC West matchup on Sunday, December 27, 2020 at SoFi Stadium. The over/under is set at 48.5 for the game.
- Game Day: Sunday, December 27, 2020
- Game Time: 4:05 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: Inglewood, CA
- Stadium: SoFi Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Chargers Betting Insights
- Los Angeles has a 7-7 record against the spread.
- The Chargers are just 1-3 ATS when playing as at least 3.0-point favorites.
- Los Angeles’ games have hit the over in eight out of 14 outings this season (57.1%).
- The Chargers have averaged 4.8 fewer points per game this season (23.4) than the Broncos have allowed (28.2).
- In games where Los Angeles score at least 23.4 points this season, they are 3-4 overall and 4-3 against the spread.
- Denver is 4-4 overall and 7-1 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 28.2 points.
Broncos Betting Insights
- Denver has put together an 8-6 record against the spread this season.
- Half of Denver’s games this year — seven out of 14 — have gone over the point total.
- The average points per game output for the Broncos this season, 19.7, is 8.1 fewer than the 27.8 the Chargers have given up in each contest.
- In games where Denver scores at least 19.7 points this season, they are 4-2 overall and 5-1 against the spread.
- When Los Angeles allows opposing offenses to put 27.8 points or fewer on the scoreboard this year, they are 3-3 overall and 4-2 against the spread.
|Chargers (-3)||Over (48.5)||Chargers 27 Broncos 22|
- The average point total in Chargers games this season is 2.6 more points than the over/under of 48.5 in this matchup.
- The average point total for the Broncos this year is 0.6 points less than this game’s over/under.
- The Chargers and their opponents have combined to score more than this matchup’s over/under (48.5 points) in 57.1% of their games this year (eight of 14 opportunities).
- The Broncos have played in seven games this year (out of 14 total matchups — 50% of chances) where they combined with their opponents to score at least 48.5 points.
- The two teams average a combined 5.4 less points per game (43.1) than this game’s over/under of 48.5 points.
- The Chargers and the Broncos have seen their opponents average a combined 7.5 more points per game than the point total of 48.5 set in this outing.
Chargers vs Broncos: Last 5 Meetings
Denver holds a 4-1 advantage over Los Angeles in the past five meetings between these two teams. The Broncos have a 2-0 record against the spread in those games against the Chargers. Los Angeles outscored Denver 108-106 in those five head-to-head matchups.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total Yards||Result|
|11/1/2020||Chargers||Broncos||-3.00||44.00||-175||+150||485-351 LAC||31-30 DEN|
|12/1/2019||Chargers||Broncos||-4.5||38.5||-220||+190||359-218 LAC||23-20 DEN|
|10/6/2019||N/A||Chargers||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||350-246 DEN||20-13 DEN|
|12/30/2018||N/A||Broncos||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||370-276 DEN||23-9 LAC|
|11/18/2018||N/A||Chargers||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||479-325 LAC||23-22 DEN|
Betting Insights: Last Three Games (Both Teams)
- Los Angeles has gone 2-1 against the spread and 2-1 overall in their last three contests.
- The under has been familiar to Los Angeles. They have failed to reach the total two times in their last three contests.
- The Chargers have averaged a total of 46.3 combined points in their last three games, 2.2 less than this matchup’s over/under of 48.5.
- Denver has been playing well lately, going 2-1 against the spread and 1-2 straight up over their last three games.
- Denver has gone over the total two times in the last three contests.
- The Broncos have averaged a total of 54.7 combined points over their last three games, 6.2 greater than this game’s total of 48.5.
Chargers: OT Bryan Bulaga: Questionable (Concussion), TE Virgil Green: Out (Ankle), C Mike Pouncey: Out (Hip), DE Melvin Ingram III: Out (Knee), OL Ryan Groy: Out (Illness), ILB Denzel Perryman: Questionable (Back), DE Joey Bosa: Questionable (Concussion), SS Derwin James: Out (Meniscus/illness), ILB Kyzir White: Questionable (Undisclosed), CB Brandon Facyson: Out (Illness), FS Nasir Adderley: Questionable (Shoulder), OLB Emeke Egbule: Questionable (Undisclosed), ILB Drue Tranquill: Out (Ankle)
Broncos: DE Jurrell Casey: Out (Bicep), OLB Von Miller: Out (Ankle), K Brandon McManus: Out (Illness), NT Mike Purcell: Out (Foot), CB A.J. Bouye: Out (Suspension), CB Bryce Callahan: Out (Foot), TE Jake Butt: Questionable (Hamstring), WR Courtland Sutton: Out (Knee), RB Royce Freeman: Questionable (Hip), OLB Bradley Chubb: Questionable (Ankle), CB Duke Dawson Jr.: Out (Knee), CB Kevin Toliver II: Out (Knee), TE Austin Fort: Out (Knee), DE Jonathan Harris: Out (Illness), TE Albert Okwuegbunam: Out (Knee (acl)), LB Justin Strnad: Out (Wrist), CB Essang Bassey: Out (Knee)
More Recent NFL News
- NFL Super Bowl 56 Betting Update After Week 7: Titans Turn Into A Contender
- NFL Week 8 Odds Overview & Predictions for Each Game
- NFL 2021 Week 8 Against The Spread Betting Analysis & Picks
- NFL Underdog Teams Betting Analysis That Could Surprise & Win the Super Bowl
- New Orleans vs Seattle MNF | 2021 NFL Betting Analysis & Prediction