While the National Football League has long been a Sunday staple in the US, it’s becoming increasingly popular with each passing year in other countries. During the rest of the 2010s, the league has scheduled even more regular season matchups to take place in the UK. As a result, betting on NFL tilts is going to continue growing as well. Even now, with just one NFL tilt taking place on this side of the pond each year, those who love American football can watch the sport all year long. As this sport garners more interest, it’s worth learning how to wager on NFL games.
The win market 1×2 is quite popular, probably because it’s easy to understand. You just put a bet on one team or the other to win. While ties are possible in NFL games, they are extremely rare, with only two or three happening in an entire league season. Some bookmakers return any two-way win wagers if the game is still tied at the end of the fourth quarter. Even though most games that are tied at this point are settled in overtime, standard bets generally apply to regular time.
In North America, the handicap market is the most popular, and it’s also the standard starting point for bringing up relative chances in a game. The two teams are not equivalent in terms of strength, and so bookmakers set a line to bring the market level. Consider the example of a game between the Dallas Cowboys and the Washington Redskins. The Cowboys are favored to win by 8 ½ points (to avoid a push). So the offerings look like Dallas Cowboys -8.5 Washington Redskins +8.5. Betting on the Cowboys only wins if they prevail by 9 or more points. If not, bettors on the Redskin side win.
Total points take a look at the combined scoring the two teams do during the contest. Bookmakers set a number and ask bettors to choose whether the total points will be over or under that number. Sometimes this sort of action is called the Over/Under.
Sports & Betting Topics
Latest News, Tips & Expert Picks
- NFL 2021 Season: Cincinnati Bengals at Baltimore Betting Analysis
- NFL 2021 Season: Lions vs Rams Betting Analysis & Prediction
- NFL 2021 Season: Houston Texans at Arizona Betting Analysis
- NFL Philadelphia Eagles at Las Vegas Betting Analysis – Week 7
- NFL WFT vs Green Bay Packers Betting Analysis – Week 7
- NFL Indianapolis Colts at San Francisco Betting Analysis – Week 7
- Chicago vs Tampa Bay | NFL Betting Analysis & Prediction
- NY Jets vs New England | NFL Betting Preview and Matchup
- NFL Super Bowl LVI Betting Odds Shifts After Week 6
- NFL Kansas City Chiefs vs Tennessee Titans Betting Analysis – Week 7
- NFL 2021 Season: Panthers vs Giants Betting Analysis & Prediction
- NFL 2021 Season: Falcons vs Dolphins Betting Analysis & Prediction
- NFL 2021 Week 7 Odds Favorites to Wager On
- NFL Denver Broncos at Cleveland Betting Analysis – Week 7
- NFL 2021 Season Week 7 O/U Betting Picks & Predictions