The recent free agent moves by the New York Giants have been viewed by a section of the fans as a waste of money that could have guaranteed better players during drafting at a cheaper rate. What stirred up such reactions was the fact that some of the contracts came with huge guaranteed payments. Among the new free agent contracts under criticism include Jonathan Casillas who landed a three-year, $8 million deal, with $2.975 million guaranteed contract, J.T. Thomas (who go a three-year, $12 million deal with $4.5 million guaranteed) and Dwayne Harris (five-year, $17.5 million deal with $7.1 million guaranteed). Whether or not Casillas’ contract will prove a worthy investment is something we will have to wait and see as the season goes. But in the meantime, we can have a look at his career so far to gauge how he is likely to influence the NFL betting odds in 2015.
Casillas’ has grown fond of being a free agent after not being drafted in 2009, only to be signed later by the Saints. He had suffered a knee injury that kept him on the bench for most of the season. Even so, he featured in the Super Bowl XLIV where he was credited with a third-quarter recovery onside kick that helped the Saints beat the Indianapolis Colts 31-17.
In 2010, he was expected to become the starting linebacker for the saints, but a foot injury suffered in the preseason brought an untimely end to his season, as he was placed on the injury recovery list.
In 2013, he switched sides to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, ending a three year period with the Saints. After 12 games, he suffered another knee injury ending his season. In 2014, Casillas got a one year contract extension with the Buccaneers. His last stop before joining the Giants was with the Patriots, where he won his second Super Bowl title. Evidently, he’s been a lucky player, with success seemingly following him even when he has not done much to earn it. On top of the two super bowl champion’s medals, he has won the NFC Championship medal in 2009 and the AFC Champion medal in 2014.
Sports & Betting Topics
Latest News, Tips & Expert Picks
- NFL 2021 Regular Season – Week 6 ATS Betting Picks
- NFL Dallas Cowboys vs New England Patriots Betting Analysis – Week 6
- NFL Monday Night Football: Buffalo Bills at Tennessee Betting Analysis
- NFL 2021 Season: Raiders vs Broncos Betting Analysis & Prediction
- NFL 2021 Season: Arizona Cardinals at Cleveland Betting Analysis
- Seattle vs Pittsburgh NFL Betting Review | No Russell Wilson For Seahawks
- NFL Super Bowl Betting Update: Most Important Changes in the Odds
- NFL Green Bay Packers vs Chicago Bears Betting Analysis – Week 6
- NFL Minnesota Vikings at Carolina Betting Analysis – Week 6
- NFL Kansas City Chiefs vs Washington Football Team Betting Analysis – Week 6
- NFL 2021 Season: Houston Texans vs Indianapolis Colts Betting Analysis & Prediction
- NFL 2021 Season: Cincinnati Bengals at Detroit Betting Analysis
- NFL 2021 Season: Rams vs Giants Betting Analysis & Prediction
- NFL 2021 Overseas Matchup: Miami vs Jacksonville at London Betting Analysis
- NFL 2021 Season Week 6 SU Betting Picks & Analysis