Two struggling teams meet when the Los Angeles Chargers (2-7), losers of three in a row, face the New York Jets (0-9), who are on a nine-game losing streak, on Sunday, November 22, 2020 at SoFi Stadium. New York is a 9.0-point underdog in the matchup. The contest’s over/under is set at 47.0.
- Game Day: Sunday, November 22, 2020
- Game Time: 4:05 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: Inglewood, CA
- Stadium: SoFi Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Chargers Betting Insights
- Los Angeles is 5-4 against the spread.
- Los Angeles’ games have hit the over in six out of nine opportunities this season (66.7%).
- The Chargers have averaged 4.7 fewer points per game this season (25.1) than the Jets have allowed (29.8).
- When they meet or exceed their scoring average this season, Los Angeles is 1-4 and 3-2 against the spread.
- When the New York defense allows 29.8 points or fewer this year, the Jets have accumulated a 0-3 overall record and a 1-2 record against the spread.
Jets Betting Insights
- New York has a losing 2-7 record against the spread.
- Just five of New York’s nine games this year have gone over the point total (44.4% of its outings).
- The average points per game output for the Jets this season, 13.4, is 13.8 fewer than the 27.2 the Chargers have given up in each contest.
- New York is 0-3 overall and 1-2 against the spread when they score at least 13.4 points this season.
- When Los Angeles allows opposing offenses to put 27.2 points or fewer on the scoreboard this year, they are 1-2 overall and 2-1 against the spread.
|Chargers (-9)||Over (47)||Chargers 32 Jets 15|
- The average over/under the Chargers have had set in games this year is 5.3 more points than this outing’s point total.
- The average point total for the Jets this year is 3.8 points lower than this game’s over/under.
- The Chargers and their opponents have put up at least 47.0 points — this matchup’s over/under — in six of nine opportunities (66.7%) this season.
- The Jets and their opponents have added up to score more than 47.0 points in 22.2% of their games this year (two of nine opportunities).
- The two teams average a combined 8.5 less points per game (38.5) than this game’s over/under of 47.0 points.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 57 points per game, 10.0 more than the point total for this game.
Chargers vs Jets: Last 5 Meetings
Los Angeles has an edge against New York over the past five meetings between these two squads, collecting a 4-1 record in those games. Los Angeles outscored New York 141-80 in those five head-to-head matchups.
|Date||Home Team||Total Yards||Result|
|12/24/2017||Jets||379-295 LAC||14-7 LAC|
|10/5/2014||Chargers||439-151 SDC||31-0 SDC|
|12/23/2012||Jets||225-223 NYJ||27-17 SDC|
Betting Insights: Last Three Games (Both Teams)
- Los Angeles is just 0-3 against the spread and 0-3 straight up over their last three contests.
- Los Angeles has hit the over three times in their last three games.
- The Chargers total over the last three games is 9.0 points more than the 47.0 total given for this matchup.
- New York has been excelling as of late, going 2-1 against the spread and 0-3 straight up over their last three contests.
- New York has gone under the total two times in their last three contests.
- The Jets have averaged a total of 43 combined points over their last three games, 4.0 fewer than this game’s total of 47.0.
Chargers: TE Virgil Green: Out (Ankle), CB Chris Harris Jr.: Out (Foot), C Mike Pouncey: Out (Hip), OL Ryan Groy: Out (Illness), DE Joey Bosa: Questionable (Concussion), RB Austin Ekeler: Out (Knee/hamstring), SS Derwin James: Out (Meniscus), RB Justin Jackson: Out (Knee), CB Brandon Facyson: Out (Illness), ILB Drue Tranquill: Out (Ankle), LB Asmar Bilal: Out (Calf)
Jets: WR Chris Hogan: Out (Knee), SS Bradley McDougald: Out (Shoulder), TE Ross Travis: Out (Illness), CB Brian Poole: Questionable (Knee), OLB Patrick Onwuasor: Questionable (Knee), K Sam Ficken: Questionable (Groin), QB Sam Darnold: Out (Shoulder), WR Vyncint Smith: Questionable (Groin), OLB Frankie Luvu: Out (Groin), TE Trevon Wesco: Out (Ankle), DE Quinnen Williams: Questionable (Hamstring), ILB Blake Cashman: Questionable (Hamstring), DE Kyle Phillips: Out (Ankle), CB Kyron Brown: Out (Quadriceps), OT Mekhi Becton: Questionable (Chest)
More Recent NFL News
- NFL Divisional Betting Predictions: 4 Long Shots Worth Backing Against their Odds
- NFL NFC South Team Totals Betting Predictions: O/U Picks for the 2022 Season
- NFL NFC North Team Totals Betting Predictions: O/U Picks for the 2022 Season
- NFL Team Totals Betting Predictions to Must Use for the Upcoming 2022 Season
- NFL NFC East Team Totals Betting Predictions: O/U Picks for the 2022 Season