Saying that Johnny Manziel was a NFL betting bust in his first rookie season with the Browns would be an understatement of the highest order. His weak arm strength, poor playing mechanics, subpar quarterback IQ, irritable on-field attitude, and virtually everything he did was wrong. This was not the dominant footballer who won the hearts of the Heisman Trophy voters in 2012 after having a monster season at Texas A&M… The pocket-throwing specialist who boasted of a 73 percent completion of his throws and used his speed to keep defenses at bay, while creating extra spaces and times for his receivers… This was not the Johnny Football we had mesmerizingly watched and easily loved in his very successful college career that oozed of charisma and leadership. In 2014, at the biggest of stages in football, Manziel had failed miserably and was a pathetic shadow of his media-trumpeted shining Pro-football career.
But then again, with just seven quarters of football as a rookie, it’s probably unfair to be highly critiquing of Johnny Football. After all, New Orleans QB Drew Brees was a slow starter in the league, but was able to work on his game and is now among the best passers in the league. Not to mention, the confused and unstable football system in Cleveland is a near-guarantee for failure by any player, so some share of the blame goes to the team.
Nonetheless, with Manziel’s constant off-field drama and the demand for results by his employers, the scrutiny and pressure will only increase for him. Therefore, the sooner he can find his way, the better it will be for him and his beleaguered pro-career on and off the field.
Sports & Betting Topics
Latest News, Tips & Expert Picks
- NFL Philadelphia Eagles at Las Vegas Betting Analysis – Week 7
- NFL WFT vs Green Bay Packers Betting Analysis – Week 7
- NFL Indianapolis Colts at San Francisco Betting Analysis – Week 7
- Chicago vs Tampa Bay | NFL Betting Analysis & Prediction
- NY Jets vs New England | NFL Betting Preview and Matchup
- NFL Super Bowl LVI Betting Odds Shifts After Week 6
- NFL Kansas City Chiefs vs Tennessee Titans Betting Analysis – Week 7
- NFL 2021 Season: Panthers vs Giants Betting Analysis & Prediction
- NFL 2021 Season: Cincinnati Bengals at Baltimore Betting Analysis
- NFL 2021 Season: Falcons vs Dolphins Betting Analysis & Prediction
- NFL 2021 Week 7 Odds Favorites to Wager On
- NFL Denver Broncos at Cleveland Betting Analysis – Week 7
- NFL 2021 Season Week 7 O/U Betting Picks & Predictions
- NFL 2021 Season Week 7 SU Betting Picks & Analysis
- NFL Super Bowl 56 Betting Update After Week 6: Chiefs’ Odds Rise