Oddsmakers give the New England Patriots (6-9) a reasonable chance to break their three-game losing streak, as they are favored by 3.0 points in a matchup against the New York Jets (2-13) on Sunday, January 3, 2021 at Gillette Stadium. The point total is set at 40.0.
- Game Day: Sunday, January 3, 2021
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: Foxborough, MA
- Stadium: Gillette Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Patriots Betting Insights
- New England has compiled a losing 6-9 record against the spread this season.
- The Patriots have a split ATS record of 2-2 when favored by at least 3.0 points.
- Just 10 of New England’s 15 games this year have gone over the point total (26.7% of its opportunities).
- The Patriots have averaged 8.7 fewer points per game this season (19.9) than the Jets have allowed (28.6).
- In games where New England score at least 19.9 points this season, they are 6-3 overall and 6-3 against the spread.
- New York is 2-4 overall and 3-3 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 28.6 points.
Jets Betting Insights
- New York has compiled a losing 6-9 record against the spread this season.
- Just nine of New York’s 15 games this year have gone over the point total (40% of its outings).
- The average points per game output for the Jets this season, 15.3, is 7.3 fewer than the 22.6 the Patriots have given up in each contest.
- In games where New York scores at least 15.3 points this season, they are 2-5 overall and 5-2 against the spread.
- New England is 5-2 overall and 5-2 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 22.6 points.
|Patriots (-3)||Over (40)||Patriots 28 Jets 15|
- The average over/under the Patriots have had set in games this season is 2.5 more points than this outing’s point total.
- The average point total for the Jets this year is 3.9 points higher than this game’s over/under.
- The Patriots and their opponents have scored no less than 40.0 points — this matchup’s over/under — in eight of 15 games (53.3%) this year.
- The Jets have played in 11 games this year (out of 15 total matchups — 73.3% of opportunities) where they combined with their opponents to score more than 40.0 points.
- The two teams average a combined 4.8 less points per game (35.2) than this matchup’s total of 40.0 points.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 51.2 points per game, 11.2 more than the point total for this matchup.
Patriots vs Jets: Last 5 Meetings
In the last five meetings between these two teams, New England holds a 5-0 advantage over New York. The Jets have a 2-1 record against the spread in those games against the Patriots. New England has had the scoring advantage in those five matchups, totaling 158 points while New York notched 57.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total Yards||Result|
|11/9/2020||Patriots||Jets||-9.50||42.50||-400||+330||433-322 NE||30-27 NE|
|10/21/2019||Patriots||Jets||-9.5||43||-420||+350||323-154 NE||33-0 NE|
|9/22/2019||Patriots||Patriots||-20.5||43||-1667||+1150||381-105 NE||30-14 NE|
|12/30/2018||N/A||Patriots||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||375-239 NE||38-3 NE|
|11/25/2018||N/A||Jets||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||498-338 NE||27-13 NE|
Betting Insights: Last Three Games (Both Teams)
- New England is just 0-3 against the spread and 0-3 straight up over their last three contests.
- The under has been the norm for New England. They have failed to reach the total two times in their last three games.
- The Patriots average total over the last three games is 4.0 points fewer than the 40.0 over/under listed for this matchup.
- New York has gone 2-1 against the spread and 2-1 overall in their last three outcomes.
- The under has been familiar to New York. They have failed to reach the total three times in the last three contests.
- The Jets have averaged a total of 41.7 combined points in their last three games, 1.7 greater than this game’s total of 40.0.
Patriots: WR Julian Edelman: Questionable (Knee), SS Devin McCourty: Questionable (Shoulder), CB Stephon Gilmore: Out (Quadriceps), DE Lawrence Guy: Questionable (Shoulder), RB Rex Burkhead: Out (Acl), OLB Brandon Copeland: Out (Torn Pectoral), DT Beau Allen: Out (Leg), DT Carl Davis Jr.: Questionable (Concussion), G Shaq Mason: Questionable (Foot), LB Brandon King: Out (Quadriceps), C David Andrews: Questionable (Calf), LB Shilique Calhoun: Questionable (Knee), WR Quincy Adeboyejo: Out (Undisclosed), DL Tashawn Bower: Questionable (Neck), OT Isaiah Wynn: Out (Knee), LB Ja’Whaun Bentley: Questionable (Shoulder), TE Jordan Thomas: Out (Illness), TE Ryan Izzo: Out (Hamstring/hand/neck), LB Terez Hall: Questionable (Ankle), RB Damien Harris: Questionable (Ankle), OT Yodny Cajuste: Out (Knee), DT Isaiah Mack: Out (Illness), LB Josh Uche: Questionable (Foot), TE Jake Burt: Out (Undisclosed), DL Michael Barnett: Out (Knee)
Jets: RB Frank Gore: Out (Chest), SS Bradley McDougald: Out (Shoulder), G Josh Andrews: Questionable (Groin), CB Bennett Jackson: Out (Hamstring), OLB Jordan Jenkins: Out (Shoulder), G Alex Lewis: Out (Undisclosed), CB Brian Poole: Out (Knee), OLB Patrick Onwuasor: Out (Hamstring), OLB Harvey Langi: Out (Neck), G Greg Van Roten: Out (Toe), FS Saquan Hampton: Out (Achillies), DE Quinnen Williams: Out (Neck), ILB Blake Cashman: Out (Hamstring), DE Kyle Phillips: Out (Ankle), CB Kyron Brown: Out (Quadriceps), S Ashtyn Davis: Out (Foot), CB Javelin Guidry: Questionable (Knee)
More Recent NFL News
- NFL Rumors: Broncos’ Jerry Jeudy May Avoid Suspension
- 2022 NFL Season Wins Totals to Must Bet On: Ten Picks to Choose From
- NFL Divisional Betting Predictions for the Upcoming 2022-23 Season: Possible Divisions Winners
- Early NFL Conference Championships Betting Predictions for the Upcoming 2022-23 Season
- NFL Rumors: Seattle Most Likely Spot For Baker Mayfield?