Just like that, the Pittsburgh Steelers join the list of teams that could see a derailment of their performance in the 2015-16 NFL lines odds due to the injury of an ace player. A week after QB Tony Romo suffered an injury in Week 2 and saw the Dallas Cowboys lose their Week 3 matchup against the Atlanta Falcons, and after the Chicago Bears posted an embarrassing shutout loss to the Seattle Seahawks over the weekend due to the absence of starter QB Jay Cutler; the Steelers now have to contend with four-to-six weeks of football without QB Ben Roethlisberger after he suffered an MCL sprain and a bone bruise in the 12-6 win over the St. Louis Rams.
With Big Ben out of Sunday’s game, the Steelers called upon veteran signal-caller Michael Vick to serve on a relief role. Vick struggled in his brief time on the field, and ahead of their Week 4 clash against the Ravens this Thursday, he will need to get prepped up for the quick turnaround and a better performance as the team’s starter.
Buffalo’s star receiver Sammy Watkins suffered a calf injury against the Miami Dolphins and did not return to the game. The team, however, went on to win the game, as QB Tyrod Taylor threw for three TDs to lead his team to victory.
Philadelphia’s right guard Andrew Gardner left injured his right foot in the 24-17 victory over the Jets, leaving the stadium in crutches. Chris Maragos, a crucial special teams player and safety for the Eagles, also suffered a left knee contusion and did not return to the game.
San Francisco tight end Vernon Davis suffered a knee injury in the loss to Arizona and did not return to the game.
New York Jets star cornerback Darrelle Revis left the game against the Eagles with a hamstring injury and coach Todd Bowles said he wasn’t sure about the severity of the injury. Guard Willie Colon also left the game with a knee injury and did not return, while tight end Jeff Cumberland suffered a head injury in the loss to Philly.
Vikings trio of defensive end Justin Trattou (suffered an ankle injury), cornerback Xavier Rhodes (suffered a head injury), and wide receiver Charles Johnson (suffered a rib injury) got injured and never returned to the game in Minnesota’s win over San Diego.
San Diego’s offensive lineman Orlando Franklin was carted off with an ankle injury, while cornerback Jason Verrett suffered a foot injury and had to be held out for the remainder of the game. Chris Maragos (left knee contusion) and Andrew Gardner (right foot injury) also left the game early and didn’t return.
Carolina defensive end Charles Johnson suffered a hamstring injury and never returned in the Panthers’ victory over the New Orleans Saints.
Jacksonville safeties Sergio Brown (calf strain) and Josh Evans (knee injury) suffered separate injuries in the blowout loss to New England. Jaguars wide receiver Marqise Lee also suffered a tight hamstring and did not return to the game.
Atlanta tight end Jacob Tamme suffered a head injury and was held out for the rest of the game. Falcons cornerback Ricardo Allen had a knee injury and was held out of the game, too.
Cleveland linebacker Craig Robertson suffered an ankle injury and never returned in the game against Oakland. Safety Tashaun Gipson also hand a groin injury and did not return in his team’s loss to the Raiders.
Sports & Betting Topics
Latest News, Tips & Expert Picks
- NFL 2021 Season: Cincinnati Bengals at Baltimore Betting Analysis
- NFL 2021 Season: Lions vs Rams Betting Analysis & Prediction
- NFL 2021 Season: Houston Texans at Arizona Betting Analysis
- NFL Philadelphia Eagles at Las Vegas Betting Analysis – Week 7
- NFL WFT vs Green Bay Packers Betting Analysis – Week 7
- NFL Indianapolis Colts at San Francisco Betting Analysis – Week 7
- Chicago vs Tampa Bay | NFL Betting Analysis & Prediction
- NY Jets vs New England | NFL Betting Preview and Matchup
- NFL Super Bowl LVI Betting Odds Shifts After Week 6
- NFL Kansas City Chiefs vs Tennessee Titans Betting Analysis – Week 7
- NFL 2021 Season: Panthers vs Giants Betting Analysis & Prediction
- NFL 2021 Season: Falcons vs Dolphins Betting Analysis & Prediction
- NFL 2021 Week 7 Odds Favorites to Wager On
- NFL Denver Broncos at Cleveland Betting Analysis – Week 7
- NFL 2021 Season Week 7 O/U Betting Picks & Predictions