A couple of teams going in opposite directions take to Lambeau Field on Sunday in what should be one of the more intriguing games of the week. The Green Bay Packers host the Pittsburgh Steelers fresh off a big road win against the San Francisco 49ers. The Steelers lost their second straight to rival Cincinnati last Sunday. Which team gets it done on October 3? See below for NFL odds, analysis, and a free pick for Steelers at Packers.
NFL Betting Preview for Pittsburgh at Green Bay
NFL Week 4: Steelers vs Packers Game Odds & Info
- When: Sunday, Oct. 3 at 4:25 pm ET
- Where: Lambeau Field, Green Bay, WI
- TV / Streaming: CBS / Paramount +
- ATS Odds: Green Bay -6 ½
- Moneyline Odds: Pittsburgh +245 / Green Bay -305
- Over/Under Odds: 50 ½
Why bet on Pittsburgh versus Green Bay?
The Bengals upset the Steelers on the moneyline last week. But it makes sense how that could happen. First, Cincinnati versus Pittsburgh is a rivalry game. Second, T.J. Watt, the Steelers’ best defender, didn’t play. Watt should play this Sunday. If he does, Pittsburgh’s defense will make life hard for Aaron Rodgers and the Packers’ offense.
Pittsburgh Steelers Offensive Averages
- Total Yards: 308.3
- Passing Yards: 255.3
- Rushing Yards: 53.0
- Points Scored: 16.7
- Turnovers: 3
Pittsburgh Steelers Defensive Averages
- Total Yards: 354.7
- Passing Yards: 266.3
- Rushing Yards: 88.3
- Points Scored: 22.0
- Takeaways: 2
Why bet on Green Bay versus Pittsburgh?
It took Green Bay a couple of games, but the Packers are finally back to playing Green Bay football. Beating the San Francisco 49ers on the road is a big deal. Rodgers orchestrated a final second game winning drive that ended in a Mason Crosby field goal. Also, cornerback Kevin King could return to the field for this.
Green Bay Packers Offensive Averages
- Total Yards: 301.7
- Passing Yards: 222.0
- Rushing Yards: 79.7
- Points Scored: 22.7
- Turnovers: 3
Green Bay Packers Defensive Averages
- Total Yards: 321.3
- Passing Yards: 206.0
- Rushing Yards: 115.3
- Points Scored: 27.7
- Takeaways: 4
Steelers at Packers Relevant Trends
- Pittsburgh is 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games on grass
- Steelers are 2-6 ATS in their last 8 games following a straight up loss
- Under is 6-2-1 in Pittsburgh’s last 9 games as a road underdog
- Packers are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 home games
- Green Bay is 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games on grass
- Over is 6-1 in Green Bay’s last 7 games
Pittsburgh Steelers versus Green Bay Packers Final Betting Prediction
The Steelers played a fantastic first game when beating the Buffalo Bills 23-16. But since upsetting Buffalo on the moneyline, Pittsburgh has turned into a bad football team.
The Las Vegas Raiders upset the Steelers 26-17 in NFL Week 2. Last Sunday, Pittsburgh failed to score more than 10 points in a terrible 24-10 loss to the rival Bengals.
New Orleans trounced Green Bay in the Packers first game. But since then, Rodgers and the Pack have rolled. GB dominated Detroit 35-17. The Pack played close to perfect football in the 30-28 road win against the 49ers.
Even if Watt plays, the Steelers will have trouble containing Aaron Rodgers, Aaron Jones, Davante Adams and the rest of the Packers’ skill players. More importantly, Pittsburgh can’t rush the football and can’t score enough to keep up. Packers win and cover.
NFL Week 4 Pick: Green Bay Packers -6 ½
NFL Betting News
- NFL 2021 Season: Cincinnati Bengals at Baltimore Betting Analysis
- NFL 2021 Season: Lions vs Rams Betting Analysis & Prediction
- NFL 2021 Season: Houston Texans at Arizona Betting Analysis
- NFL Philadelphia Eagles at Las Vegas Betting Analysis – Week 7
- NFL WFT vs Green Bay Packers Betting Analysis – Week 7