Super Bowl 52 Betting Pick Based on Past Performances
@Patriots RB will have the biggest impact in #SBLII? (via @nflnetwork) pic.twitter.com/58APxJ1DGV — NFL (@NFL) 1 de febrero de 2018
- When: Sunday, February 4, 2018, 6:30 PM ET
- Where: U.S. Bank Stadium, Minneapolis, MN
- TV: NBC
- Radio: 94.1 FM (Philadelphia) / 98.5 FM (New England)
- Live Stream: NFL Game Pass
- Super Bowl 52 Betting Odds: New England Patriots -4.5 (Over/Under at 48 points)
Overall NumbersWhile an AFC team has won each of the last three Super Bowls, the NFC owns a 26-25 edge over the AFC in all 51 Super Bowl matchups. Favorites have gone 35-16 straight up and 28-19-2 against the spread in the Super Bowl while the ‘Over/Under’ has gone 26-24. The Underdog is 4-1 in the last six Super Bowls with the Super Bowl 49 matchup between Seattle and New England being the only Pick ‘Em in Super Bowl history. The Underdog has gone a blistering 7-2-1 ATS In the last 10 Super Bowls overall.
DYK Moment 1The last three times a team from the NFC East reached the Super Bowl the Underdog and the Under were the correct picks and that all three games came against the New England Patriots. The Over is a pristine 2-0 in New England’s last two Super Bowl appearances, which came a year ago and in Super Bowl 49 back in 2015. However, the O/U figure is 2-2 over the Pats’ last four Super Bowl matchups, thanks to Eli Manning and the New York Giants’ pair of upsets in Super Bowls 42 and 46.
DYK Moment IIThe biggest upset in Super Bowl history came in Super Bowl III (1969) when Joe Namath and the New York Jets beat the Baltimore Colts 16-7 as 18-point underdogs. The Under is 4-2 in New England’s last six Super Bowl appearances, but the Over is 4-1 in the last 5 meetings between Philadelphia and New England. Three of the top four ‘most appearances’ in Super Bowl history have come by AFC teams with New England making 10 and Pittsburgh, Dallas and Denver all making eight.
DYK Moment IIIDid You Know that the Patriots are tied with Minnesota and Buffalo for the most losses in Super Bowl history with four? Teams from the NFC East have combined to win 12 Super Bowls with Dallas winning five, the Giants, 4 and the Redskins, 3. Sorry Eagles fans. Teams from the AFC East have combined to win eight Super Bowls with New England claiming five, Miami, 2 and the Jets, 1. Sorry Bills fans.
Latest Super Bowl 52 Betting Trends
- Philadelphia is 11-4 ATS in its last 15 games
- Philadelphia is 14-2 SU in its last 16 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Philadelphia’s last 9 games
- New England is 10-2 ATS in its last 12 games
- New England is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of New England’s last 7 games
Last 10 Super Bowl Winners
- 2017: New England Patriots
- 2016: Denver Broncos
- 2015: New England Patriots
- 2014: Seattle Seahawks
- 2013: Baltimore Ravens
- 2012: New York Giants
- 2011: Green Bay Packers
- 2010: New Orleans Saints
- 2009: Pittsburgh Steelers
- 2008: New York Giants