Like in online betting where big gambles often come with big payouts, NFL teams have joined the business of risking it big as they gamble for big results. And just like in the world of betting, the risks sometimes pay huge dividends for the teams (like the Dallas signing of college bust Leonard Davis, who became a sensation in the NFL), and in other occasions, they can backfire in a huge way (see Johnny Manziel and Robert Griffin III for reference). Simply put, gambles come with no guarantees, but without them, we rid ourselves the chance of knowing what may or may have not been. So rather than avoid them, we take them while being fully aware that it could all end up in a good or bad way for us. As we progressively approach the new NFL season, let’s take a look at some of the teams that have taken big gambles that have the potential of helping them win big or lose miserably.
Replacing the decorated Jim Harbaugh, who had transformed the Niners from a mediocre unit to Championship-worthy team, with Jim Tomsula, a man with zero NFL head coaching experience, is probably the riskiest offseason coaching gamble made by any team in 2015.
To make matters worse, the 49ers have lost a ton of talent, including All-Pros Patrick Willis, Justin Smith and Andy Lee, guard Mike Iupati, starting linebacker Chris Borland, cornerback Chris Culliver, star wide receiver Michael Crabtree and San Francisco’s All-time leading rusher Frank Gore. In return, the team barely got any formidable replacements, with WR Torrey Smith, tackle Darnell Dockett, RB Reggie Bush and handful of draft prospects probably being the only noteworthy additions. Added to the revamped coaching staff that will be assisting Tomsula, the 49ers will really have to sweat it in 2015 if they are to have a successful season.
Not Worthy. The too many ill-advised changes will make it difficult for the team to gel in time for adequate competition in 2015.
Sports & Betting Topics
Latest News, Tips & Expert Picks
- NFL 2021 Regular Season – Week 6 ATS Betting Picks
- NFL Dallas Cowboys vs New England Patriots Betting Analysis – Week 6
- NFL Monday Night Football: Buffalo Bills at Tennessee Betting Analysis
- NFL 2021 Season: Raiders vs Broncos Betting Analysis & Prediction
- NFL 2021 Season: Arizona Cardinals at Cleveland Betting Analysis
- Seattle vs Pittsburgh NFL Betting Review | No Russell Wilson For Seahawks
- NFL Super Bowl Betting Update: Most Important Changes in the Odds
- NFL Green Bay Packers vs Chicago Bears Betting Analysis – Week 6
- NFL Minnesota Vikings at Carolina Betting Analysis – Week 6
- NFL Kansas City Chiefs vs Washington Football Team Betting Analysis – Week 6
- NFL 2021 Season: Houston Texans vs Indianapolis Colts Betting Analysis & Prediction
- NFL 2021 Season: Cincinnati Bengals at Detroit Betting Analysis
- NFL 2021 Season: Rams vs Giants Betting Analysis & Prediction
- NFL 2021 Overseas Matchup: Miami vs Jacksonville at London Betting Analysis
- NFL 2021 Season Week 6 SU Betting Picks & Analysis