Okay NFL gridiron gamblers, if you’re excited about the start of the 2015 NFL regular season and you want to get a head start on just which teams are likely to cash in early and often one Week 1 gets underway on Thursday, Sept. 10, then you’re in luck! Thanks to the trio of expert Week 1 NFL betting picks that you’re about to get, you’re going to be well on your way toward making a series of potentially winning wagers. With that said and training camp moving right along, let’s get started.
Thursday, Sept. 10
NFL Odds: New England -6
Analysis: I know the New England Patriots are the league’s defending Super Bowl champions, but boys are a near touchdown favorite against a very good Pittsburgh Steelers team that has its own legitimate Super Bowl title hopes coming into the 2015 regular season and rightfully so.
Not only did the Steelers win the tightly-contested AFC North in 2014, but they also finished the regular season ranked second in total offense (411.1 ypg) and an identical second in passing (301.6 ypg).
Veteran quarterback Ben Roethlisberger tied Drew Brees for the league passing title with 4,952 yards while tossing 32 touchdown passes and just nine interceptions. Pro Bowl receiver Antonio Brown led the league in catches and receiving yards with a whopping 129 grabs for 1, 698 yards while also finishing third in touchdowns with 14 scores to finish third behind Marshawn Lynch (17) and Dez Bryant (16).
Pittsburgh also got a fantastic campaign out of gifted running back Le’veon Bell with the second-year superstar finishing second to DeMarco Murray in rushing with 1,361 yards.
While Bell will miss this contest, it’s quite possible that Patriots quarterback Tom Bray will as well, though that issue is still up in thee air at this point. Whether Brady plays or not, I just don’t see the Pats winning this Week 1 opener by the seven points it would take to cover the 6-point spread.
New England will almost certainly win double digit games for the umpteenth time this coming season, but I also expect them to take a slight step backwards defensively because of the losses of key veterans like Darrelle Revis and Vince Wilfork.
Pittsburgh is 6-4 SU and ATS in its last 10 road games and 3-0 SU over their last three away dates. While New England has gone 6-4 SU and ATS in their last 10 games as a favorite of six points or less and 3-1 SU and ATS in their last five home dates against the Steelers, I still like Pittsburgh to cover the spread in this telling opener if Brady plays. If he doesn’t, I like the Steelers to win outright.
The Pick: Pittsburgh Steelers +6 Points
Sports & Betting Topics
Latest News, Tips & Expert Picks
- NFL Super Bowl 56 Betting Update After Week 6: Chiefs’ Odds Rise
- NFL Week 7 Odds Overview & Predictions for Each Game
- NFL 2021 Season Week 7 ATS Betting Analysis & Picks
- Buffalo Bills vs Tennessee Titans MNF | NFL Week 6 Preview and Odds
- Seattle vs Pittsburgh NFL Betting Review | No Russell Wilson For Seahawks
- NFL 2021 Regular Season – Week 6 ATS Betting Picks
- NFL Dallas Cowboys vs New England Patriots Betting Analysis – Week 6
- NFL Monday Night Football: Buffalo Bills at Tennessee Betting Analysis
- NFL 2021 Season: Raiders vs Broncos Betting Analysis & Prediction
- NFL 2021 Season: Arizona Cardinals at Cleveland Betting Analysis
- NFL Super Bowl Betting Update: Most Important Changes in the Odds
- NFL Green Bay Packers vs Chicago Bears Betting Analysis – Week 6
- NFL Minnesota Vikings at Carolina Betting Analysis – Week 6
- NFL Kansas City Chiefs vs Washington Football Team Betting Analysis – Week 6
- NFL 2021 Season: Houston Texans vs Indianapolis Colts Betting Analysis & Prediction