The Detroit Lions and Minnesota Vikings and their NFL betting fans will both be looking to avoid an 0-2 start when they square off in a huge Week 2 NFC North divisional battle that could have postseason implications for both teams. Let’s find out who’s going to bring home the bacon in this intriguing matchup.
The Lions (0-1 SU, 0-1 ATS), dominated the first half in their Week 1 matchup against San Diego, but fell to the Chargers 33-28 and failed to cover the NFL betting line as a 3.5-point underdog. Matthew Stafford completed 19 of 30 pass attempts for 246 yards with two touchdowns but tossed two costly interceptions in the loss after the Lions had a 21-10 first half lead. Rookie running back Ameer Abdullah rushed seven times for 50 yards and one touchdown.
Minnesota (0-1 SU, 0-1 ATS), disappointed me on Monday night as they clearly weren’t prepared for a San Francisco 49ers team that jumped all over them in Week 1. Teddy Bridgewater and the Vikings went down hard in their season-opening 20-3 loss to the Niners and now they’ll look to bounce back and to avoid the dreaded 0-2 start.
Bridgewater completed 22 of 32 passes for 231 yards with one interception, but simply didn’t make the impact that many are expecting from him this season. Future Hall of Fame running back Adrian Peterson was held to 31 rushing yards on 10 attempts in his first regular season game in almost a year and the Vikings defense got shredded for 168 rushing yards by Niners’ running back Carlos Hyde.
“Maybe we’re just not ready for prime time yet,” Vikings coach Mike Zimmer said. “This performance leads me to believe in that. Everybody’s been talking about us for 11 months, and maybe we thought we were a little bit better than what we were.”
Sports & Betting Topics
Latest News, Tips & Expert Picks
- NFL Super Bowl 56 Betting Update After Week 6: Chiefs’ Odds Rise
- NFL Week 7 Odds Overview & Predictions for Each Game
- NFL 2021 Season Week 7 ATS Betting Analysis & Picks
- Buffalo Bills vs Tennessee Titans MNF | NFL Week 6 Preview and Odds
- Seattle vs Pittsburgh NFL Betting Review | No Russell Wilson For Seahawks
- NFL 2021 Regular Season – Week 6 ATS Betting Picks
- NFL Dallas Cowboys vs New England Patriots Betting Analysis – Week 6
- NFL Monday Night Football: Buffalo Bills at Tennessee Betting Analysis
- NFL 2021 Season: Raiders vs Broncos Betting Analysis & Prediction
- NFL 2021 Season: Arizona Cardinals at Cleveland Betting Analysis
- NFL Super Bowl Betting Update: Most Important Changes in the Odds
- NFL Green Bay Packers vs Chicago Bears Betting Analysis – Week 6
- NFL Minnesota Vikings at Carolina Betting Analysis – Week 6
- NFL Kansas City Chiefs vs Washington Football Team Betting Analysis – Week 6
- NFL 2021 Season: Houston Texans vs Indianapolis Colts Betting Analysis & Prediction