The final week of the NHL regular season is now upon us, and there are still a few details to take care of before we can talk about who is going to face who in the playoffs. The biggest issue in both conferences is who is going to occupy the final spot in the Wild Card race. It looks like it’s going to go down to the wire, and there is perhaps no bigger NHL betting game on tap than the one between the Pittsburgh Penguins and Ottawa Senators on Tuesday night.
The Penguins are currently holding down one of the two Wild Card spots in the Eastern Conference, but they are just 2 points ahead of the Ottawa Senators with 3 games to play. While it would not be a mathematical certainty, a win for the Penguins on Tuesday night would essentially make them a lock to land a postseason spot. That win is certainly not a guarantee, though, as the Penguins are just 3-6-1 in their last 10, and have now lost 3 games on the trot. They have only managed 5 goals during that losing streak, whilst also giving up 13. That is a balance that is shifting a little too quickly towards the negative side.
If you can say one good thing about the Ottawa Senators, it’s that they certainly don’t seem to know when they are beat. 5 of their last 6 games have gone beyond regulation, with the Senators finding a way to get the extra point in three of those games. The one game that really has to sting, though, is the SO loss to the Maple Leafs on Saturday night, which was a game that Ottawa would definitely have expected to win going in. You really have to wonder about their frame of mind heading into this crucial match-up with the Penguins, although you can pretty much say the same thing about the guys on the Pittsburgh bench.
Sports & Betting Topics
Latest News, Tips & Expert Picks
- NY Rangers vs Washington | NHL Betting Preview and Matchup Analysis
- Top 2021 NHL Matches to Bet On the Opening Week
- Early 2022 Stanley Cup Odds Analysis & Predictions – NHL Betting
- NHL 2021 Season Recap & Betting Prediction for the Next Season
- NHL 2021 Stanley Cup Final Series: Canadiens vs Lightning Betting Preview
- NHL 2021 Playoffs – Conference Finals Game 5 Betting Analysis
- Islanders vs Lightning Game 2 | NHL Betting Analysis
- 2021 Stanley Cup Odds Update June 22nd Edition – NHL Betting
- NHL 2021 Stanley Cup Betting Predictions – Semifinals Series Update
- 2021 Stanley Cup Odds Update June 13th Edition – NHL Betting
- NHL 2021 Playoffs Round 2 Betting Predictions Update
- 2021 Stanley Cup Odds Update June 1st Edition – NHL Betting
- NHL 2021 Playoffs Betting Predictions Update
- NHL 2021 Playoffs Betting Predictions for 2nd Round Matches
- Top 2021 NHL Under the Total Teams To Bet On