You often hear coaches talk about creating an identity for their team, and for many, it’s trying to be as dominant as possible on home ice that becomes the goal. The teams who can do that are usually a pretty good bet when they play at home, but what happens when they take to the road. We will get a little taste of that when the Minnesota Wild skate into Boston to face the Bruins on Thursday night.
Wild @ Bruins NHL Betting Game Information and Opening LinesDate/Time: Thursday, November 19, 2015 7:00 PM ETVenue: TD GardenOpening Lines: Boston -110, Minnesota +105(Live Stream Option)The Bruins (8-8-1) are another team that knows how to score goals, as their 3.3 goals per game is good enough for a top 3 spot in the league. They are weak on defense, though, and have a 3.2 goals per game against average that has them down near the very bottom. This is very much a Jekyll and Hyde type team, especially on special teams. The Bruins have the best power play unit in the NHL right now, but fall flat in the penalty kill, where they are dead last. As you may have already guessed by those stats, this is a team that is having a hard time maintaining a decent level of consistency. Every time they start to string a few wins together, they follow it up with a series of losses. That is likely to continue for as long as they continue to leak goals.
Key NHL Betting Trends
- Minnesota is 7-1 SU in its last 8 games when playing on the road against Boston
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Minnesota’s last 6 games when playing on the road against Boston
- Minnesota is 12-4 SU in its last 16 games when playing Boston
- Boston is 4-12 SU in its last 16 games when playing Minnesota
- Boston is 1-7 SU in its last 8 games when playing at home against Minnesota
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Boston’s last 6 games when playing at home against Minnesota