Gladly for soccer betting fans the 2015 Gold Cup is officially underway, and defending champions the United States come in as the clear favorites once again. There are a couple of other teams that have a genuine shot at the crown, though, with Mexico and Costa Rica both considered a solid bet. Costa Rica will be playing in Group B, and will get their campaign started on Wednesday night when they face Jamaica in Carson, California.
It has been a busy summer for Jamaica, as they have just finished a gust stint at the Copa America. While the Reggae Boyz failed to pick up a point, or even score a single goal, during the tournament in South America, they can still be proud of what they achieved. They lost all 3 of their games 1-0 despite having to face perennial powerhouses Argentina and Uruguay in the group stages. That tournament will have served as a solid warm-up for Jamaica, and they will have a better chance against what is definitely lesser talented teams, at least in the group stage. This will be a real shot at redemption for Jamaica, as they failed to qualify for the last Gold Cup back in 2013. They will feel as though they have a lot to prove this time around, but this is perhaps the most difficult opponent they could have hoped for to get things started.
The Jamaicans proved at the Copa America that they are a tough nut to crack, but I feel that Costa Rica has the personnel to eventually wear them down. Not expecting a blowout here, and would not be surprised to see a 1-0 win for Los Ticos.
Sports & Betting Topics
Latest News, Tips & Expert Picks
- European Leagues Betting Update: Bayern Shows They Still Rule the Bundesliga
- UEFA Europa League Betting Analysis for Matchday 3
- UEFA Champions League Betting Analysis: Liverpool vs Atletico Madrid Highlights Matchday 3 Action
- Top 2021 MLS Matches to Bet On: Seattle Visits Colorado and Wants Revenge
- Top 2021 MLS Matches to Bet On: Playoffs Are Getting Closer
- FIFA World Cup Qualifiers Odds – CONMEBOL Matches To Bet On Oct. 14th
- European Leagues Betting Update: Napoli Leads Serie A, Three LaLiga Teams Tied In 1st and More
- FIFA World Cup Qualifiers – CONCACAF Games To Bet On: USA vs Costa Rica Wednesday’s Top Match
- FIFA World Cup Qualifiers Odds – UEFA Matches To Bet On Oct. 12th
- FIFA World Cup: CONCACAF Qualifying Games: 10/10 Betting Previews
- FIFA World Cup: CONMEBOL Qualifying Games: 10/10 Betting Previews
- FIFA World Cup Qualifying Games : 10/9 Games – Analysis & Picks for Saturday’s UEFA Qualifiers
- FIFA World Cup Qualifying Games : 10/8 Games – UEFA Teams on the Road to the 2022 World Cup
- FIFA World Cup Qualifying Games : CONCACAF 10/7 Games – USA & Mexico Fighting for 1st Place
- Top 2021 MLS Games to Bet On the Week