Everything is seemingly going well for Juventus this season, both domestically and Europe. In the Serie A, Juventus are the runaway Serie A leaders and are solidly on course for a fourth successive Scudetto, while in the UEFA Champions League, they have a great chance to qualify for the quarterfinals after they defeated Dortmund 2-1 in Italy. Still, the job in the Champions League is half-way done and they have to finish the other half when they meet Dortmund in Wednesday’s Round of 16 matchup. Which of the two Europe powerhouses will win this major Champions League clash? Check out who we think will come out victorious in our soccer betting preview below. Venue: Signal Iduna Park, Germany Date: Wednesday, March 18, 2015 Time: 3:45 PM ET TV: Fox Sports 2 Opening Line: Juventus -175
Meanwhile, Jurgen Klopp‘s team is undefeated at home in the Champions League this season, easily beating Galatasaray and Arsenal this season at the Group Stage games. Also, the Die Schwarzgelben have won 11 of their last 14 European home games and have remarkably managed to progress to the quarter finals 8-of-14 times in which they lost the first-leg away from home. A win and qualification by Borussia would mean Dortmund progresses to their third consecutive quarter final in the Champions League.
Unfortunately, in spite of their impressive run in Europe, Borussia have been struggling a lot in their domestic league. Most recently, BVB bounced back from the 2-1 defeat to Juve with a pair of wins against Schalke (3-0) and Dresden (2-0), but have since slumped to a winless two-game run in the German League (with no goals scored in both games).
With Dortmund’s struggles, and Juventus low-scoring nature over the recent times, Wednesday’s game is likely to be a low-scoring affair as both teams mostly focus on playing defensively and using counter-attacks to look for the one or two goals that would take them to the next stage of the competition.
Sports & Betting Topics
Latest News, Tips & Expert Picks
- European Leagues Betting Update: Bayern Shows They Still Rule the Bundesliga
- UEFA Europa League Betting Analysis for Matchday 3
- UEFA Champions League Betting Analysis: Liverpool vs Atletico Madrid Highlights Matchday 3 Action
- Top 2021 MLS Matches to Bet On: Seattle Visits Colorado and Wants Revenge
- Top 2021 MLS Matches to Bet On: Playoffs Are Getting Closer
- FIFA World Cup Qualifiers Odds – CONMEBOL Matches To Bet On Oct. 14th
- European Leagues Betting Update: Napoli Leads Serie A, Three LaLiga Teams Tied In 1st and More
- FIFA World Cup Qualifiers – CONCACAF Games To Bet On: USA vs Costa Rica Wednesday’s Top Match
- FIFA World Cup Qualifiers Odds – UEFA Matches To Bet On Oct. 12th
- FIFA World Cup: CONCACAF Qualifying Games: 10/10 Betting Previews
- FIFA World Cup: CONMEBOL Qualifying Games: 10/10 Betting Previews
- FIFA World Cup Qualifying Games : 10/9 Games – Analysis & Picks for Saturday’s UEFA Qualifiers
- FIFA World Cup Qualifying Games : 10/8 Games – UEFA Teams on the Road to the 2022 World Cup
- FIFA World Cup Qualifying Games : CONCACAF 10/7 Games – USA & Mexico Fighting for 1st Place
- Top 2021 MLS Games to Bet On the Week