There generally isn’t much excitement about the 3rd pace final in a major tournament, yet it often ends up being one of the most entertaining games. The 2015 Gold Cup 3rd Place Final between Panama and the US might well be a good one, assuming that it even takes place on Saturday soccer betting night.
Both teams are coming into this one unhappy about the way things went in the semi-final, but it is Panama who has a genuine gripe. They played a large portion of their game against Mexico with 10 men, and managed to claw their way into the lead late in the game. It looked as though they were going to hold on for a famous victory until Mexico were awarded a very dubious penalty in the last minute. Craziness ensued, with 11 minutes passing between the decision and the penalty being taken. There was a time when it looked as though the Panamanians were going to walk off in protest. While they did return, the Panama players are now talking about boycotting the Saturday game against the US. Even if they do decide to take part, they are sure to be fielding a team that is weakened by suspensions.
The US went into the semi-final against Jamaica as heavy favorites, and while they started the game well enough, they found themselves 2-0 down at the half. The Americans threw everything but the kitchen sink at the Jamaicans in the second half, but a combination of poor finishing and bad luck saw them come up short. With things in disarray in the Panama camp, the Americans will be coming into this one as big favorites once again, but they cannot make the mistake of playing down to the level of their opponent again. They are also going to have to find a way to tighten things up at the back, as the center of their defense has been found wanting on more than one occasion during this tournament.
Sports & Betting Topics
Latest News, Tips & Expert Picks
- Top 2021 MLS Matches to Bet On: Vancouver vs Minnesota Tight Western Conference Match
- European Leagues Betting Update: Napoli’s Win Streak Over, Bellingham Emerge, Real Wins El Clasico
- European Leagues Betting Update: Bayern Shows They Still Rule the Bundesliga
- UEFA Europa League Betting Analysis for Matchday 3
- UEFA Champions League Betting Analysis: Liverpool vs Atletico Madrid Highlights Matchday 3 Action
- Top 2021 MLS Matches to Bet On: Seattle Visits Colorado and Wants Revenge
- Top 2021 MLS Matches to Bet On: Playoffs Are Getting Closer
- FIFA World Cup Qualifiers Odds – CONMEBOL Matches To Bet On Oct. 14th
- European Leagues Betting Update: Napoli Leads Serie A, Three LaLiga Teams Tied In 1st and More
- FIFA World Cup Qualifiers – CONCACAF Games To Bet On: USA vs Costa Rica Wednesday’s Top Match
- FIFA World Cup Qualifiers Odds – UEFA Matches To Bet On Oct. 12th
- FIFA World Cup: CONCACAF Qualifying Games: 10/10 Betting Previews
- FIFA World Cup: CONMEBOL Qualifying Games: 10/10 Betting Previews
- FIFA World Cup Qualifying Games : 10/9 Games – Analysis & Picks for Saturday’s UEFA Qualifiers
- FIFA World Cup Qualifying Games : 10/8 Games – UEFA Teams on the Road to the 2022 World Cup