If Soccer betting fans take a look at Cristiano Ronaldo’s contract with Real Madrid, you’ll see that his contract has an interesting clause. To get him to agree to leave, you have to pay him a billion pounds – or about $1.51 billion. Of course, Ronaldo has also said he would see that for 300 million pounds if the team let him leave immediately.
However, according to agent Jorge Mendes, Ronaldo is likely to finish his career with Real Madrid. He also said that Ronaldo was the best sportsman and player ever. Of course, this is his agent talking. Mendes also said that Ronaldo loved the fans at Manchester United, where he played for six seasons, but he wound things up by saying that Ronaldo’s heart was now with Real Madrid.
Mendes represents some other heavy hitters in soccer, such as Jose Mourinho, David De Gea, Diego Costa, Victor Valdes, James Rodriguez, Radamel Falcao, Luiz Felipe Scolari and Angel Di Maria. As Mendes put it in an interview with ESPN, “Being an agent means many different things. I’m someone normal. I’m working hard every single day. I have ambitions, determination and being honest, doing the right things…this is most important.”
In 2009, Real Madrid paid what was then a record fee of 80 million pounds to get Ronaldo from Manchester United. Currently, he still has three years left on his contract, so whoever paid that transfer fee would still have control of Ronaldo for several seasons.
Paris Saint-Germain has expressed some interest in adding both Ronaldo and Lionel Messi, from Barcelona, to their roster. As Real Madrid president Florentino Perez commented, though, PSG would have to pay that huge fee to get Ronaldo’s services, and so would any other potential suitors.
Ronaldo has made that money pay off, though. In Group A action last week in the UEFA Champions League, Real Madrid took on Shakhtar Donetsk, cruising to a 4-0 victory. Karim Benzema scored the first goal in the 30th minute, but after Taras Stepanenko got his second yellow card just after halftime, Ronaldo took over.
He converted a penalty 10 minutes in to the second half. Eight minutes later, he scored again, and his header in the 81st minute completed the hat trick. He has a total of 80 goals in Champions League play, moving past Messi (who had a game on Wednesday). Ronaldo certainly is making his team’s faith in him look wise.
Sports & Betting Topics
Latest News, Tips & Expert Picks
- Top 2021 MLS Matches to Bet On: Playoffs Are Getting Closer
- FIFA World Cup Qualifiers Odds – CONMEBOL Matches To Bet On Oct. 14th
- European Leagues Betting Update: Napoli Leads Serie A, Three LaLiga Teams Tied In 1st and More
- FIFA World Cup Qualifiers – CONCACAF Games To Bet On: USA vs Costa Rica Wednesday’s Top Match
- FIFA World Cup Qualifiers Odds – UEFA Matches To Bet On Oct. 12th
- FIFA World Cup: CONCACAF Qualifying Games: 10/10 Betting Previews
- FIFA World Cup: CONMEBOL Qualifying Games: 10/10 Betting Previews
- FIFA World Cup Qualifying Games : 10/9 Games – Analysis & Picks for Saturday’s UEFA Qualifiers
- FIFA World Cup Qualifying Games : 10/8 Games – UEFA Teams on the Road to the 2022 World Cup
- FIFA World Cup Qualifying Games : CONCACAF 10/7 Games – USA & Mexico Fighting for 1st Place
- Top 2021 MLS Games to Bet On the Week
- 2021 UEFA Nations League: Italy vs Spain Betting Analysis
- 2021 UEFA Nations League Semifinal: Belgium vs. France Betting Analysis
- UEFA Europa League Betting Analysis for Matchday 2
- Top 2021-22 Premier League Matches to Bet On Matchweek 7