The New Orleans Saints (12-4) are 3-point favorites as they enter a showdown against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (11-5) in the NFC Divisional round of the 2020 NFL Playoffs on January 17, 2021 at 6:40 PM ET on FOX. The point total is set at 51.5.
- Game Day: Sunday, January 17, 2021
- Game Time: 6:40 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: New Orleans, LA
- Stadium: Mercedes-Benz Superdome
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Saints Betting Insights
- New Orleans has compiled a 9-7 record against the spread this season.
- The Saints have an ATS record of 8-6 when playing as at least 3.0-point favorites.
- New Orleans’ games have hit the over in 10 out of 16 opportunities this season (62.5%).
- The Saints have put an average of 30.1 points per game on the scoreboard this season, 7.9 more than the 22.2 the Buccaneers have surrendered in each contest.
- In games where New Orleans score at least 30.1 points this season, they are 6-0 overall and 6-0 against the spread.
- Tampa Bay is 6-1 overall and 6-1 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 22.2 points.
Buccaneers Betting Insights
- Tampa Bay has a 9-7 record against the spread.
- The Buccaneers are 7-6 ATS when an underdog by at least 3.0 points.
- Tampa Bay’s games have hit the over in nine out of 16 opportunities this season (56.2%).
- The Buccaneers, on average, score 9.7 more points per game this season (30.8) than the Saints allow (21.1).
- In games where Tampa Bay scores at least 30.8 points this season, they are 8-0 overall and 6-2 against the spread.
- New Orleans is 6-0 overall and 6-0 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 21.1 points.
|Saints (-3)||Under (51.5)||Saints 27 Buccaneers 24|
- The Saints and their opponents have scored at least 51.5 points — this matchup’s over/under — in seven of 16 opportunities (43.8%) this season.
- The Buccaneers and their opponents have added up to score at least 51.5 points in 43.8% of their matchups this season (seven of 16 chances).
- The two teams average a combined 9.4 more points per game (60.9) than this game’s over/under of 51.5 points.
- The Saints and the Buccaneers have seen their opponents average a combined 8.2 fewer points per game than the point total of 51.5 set in this outing.
- The average over/under the Saints have had set in matchups this season is 0.3 fewer points than this outing’s point total.
- Buccaneers games this season have averaged a total of 52.9 points, 1.4 more than the point total in this matchup.
Saints vs Buccaneers: Last 5 Meetings
New Orleans holds an edge against Tampa Bay over the last five matchups between these two teams, collecting a 5-0 record in those games. The Saints are 4-0 against the spread in those games against the Buccaneers. New Orleans has had the upper hand scoring in those five matchups, totaling 165 points while Tampa Bay scored 81.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total Yards||Result|
|11/8/2020||Buccaneers||Buccaneers||-3.00||50.50||-167||+148||420-194 NO||38-3 NO|
|9/13/2020||Saints||Saints||-4.50||48.00||-180||+155||310-271 TB||34-23 NO|
|11/17/2019||Saints||Buccaneers||-5||51||-215||+185||334-328 TB||34-17 NO|
|10/6/2019||Saints||Saints||-3||46.5||-157||+138||457-252 NO||31-24 NO|
|12/9/2018||N/A||Buccaneers||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||298-279 NO||28-14 NO|
Betting Insights: Last Three Games (Both Teams)
- New Orleans has gone 2-1 against the spread and 2-1 overall over the last three contests.
- The over has been kind to New Orleans. They have gone over the total two times in their last three outcomes.
- The Saints total over the last three games is 10.5 points more than the 51.5 over/under listed for this matchup.
- Tampa Bay has gone 2-1 against the spread and 3-0 overall in their last three outcomes.
- Tampa Bay has gone over the total two times in their last three games.
- The Buccaneers have averaged a total of 61 combined points over their last three games, 9.5 greater than this matchup’s over/under of 51.5.
Saints: P Blake Gillikin: Out (Back), DT Jalen Dalton: Out (Tricep), DE Trey Hendrickson: Questionable (Neck), WR Tre’Quan Smith: Out (Ankle), RB Latavius Murray: Questionable (Thigh), DB Johnson Bademosi: Out (Undisclosed), CB Patrick Robinson: Questionable (Thigh), OLB Kwon Alexander: Out (Achillies), OL Nick Easton: Out (Concussion), WR Bennie Fowler: Out (Shoulder), DE Noah Spence: Out (Knee)
Buccaneers: WR John Franklin: Out (Knee), WR Cyril Grayson: Out (Undisclosed), TE O.J. Howard: Out (Achilles), RB T.J. Logan: Out (Knee), DE Jeremiah Ledbetter: Questionable (Calf), NT Vita Vea: Out (Ankle), RB Ronald Jones II: Questionable (Quadriceps), G Alex Cappa: Out (Ankle), RB Kenjon Barner: Out (Undisclosed), ILB Kevin Minter: Out (Illness), RB LeSean McCoy: Questionable (Illness), C A.Q. Shipley: Out (Neck)
More Recent NFL News
- Tennessee Titans vs New England Patriots Betting Preview – NFL Week 12 Odds
- Carolina Panthers vs Miami Dolphins Betting Preview – NFL Week 12 Odds
- NFL Week 12 Odds: Vikings vs 49ers Betting Analysis & Prediction
- NFL Week 12 Odds: Los Angeles Rams at Green Bay Betting Analysis
- NFL 2021 Season: Browns vs Ravens Betting Analysis & Prediction