We are now into week 2 of action at Wimbledon, and Monday features a ton of action in the round of 16. As I write, there are still several games going on, but there have been a few games completed on the men’s side. We prepared a tennis betting preview so we can take a look at how this round is shaping up, and how the quarter finals might look in the next day or two. Andy Murray (#3) is the one who the majority of the crowd are pulling for at Wimbledon. He made some magic a couple of years back when he won the title in front of his home crowd, and he has been rolling along quite nicely through the first three rounds. It looks as though he is on the way to beating Ivo Karlovic (#23) in the round of 16, which would mean a match with Canadian VasekPopisil, who has been one of the surprises of the tournament. This should mean another win, and a semi-final berth for Murray.
Richard Gasquet (#21) has already booked his place in the quarter final, and it looks as though he will be facing Stan Wawrinka (#4) who has a 2-set lead at the time of writing. You have to like Wawrinka in that one, if that indeed ends up being the match-up.
Top-seeded Novak Djokovic will be in action later on Monday, and you would expect him to be able to take care of Kevin Anderson (#14) quite handily. That would most likely mean a quarter final match against Marin Cilic (#9), but as I write, the Croatian is getting all he can handle against American Denis Kudla. Their match is tied at one set all right now. I would still expect Cilic to get through this one, but his run will likely end when he meets Djokovic.
Roger Federer (#2) is still alive and well in the bottom half of the draw, and he will face Spaniard Roberto Bautista Agut in the round of 16. This should be a comfortbale win for Federer, who will then go on to meet the winner of the Berdych (#6) Simon (#12) match. Whoever he meets in the quarter finals, assuming he gets there, it will certainly be his toughest match of the tournament so far.
Sports & Betting Topics
Latest News, Tips & Expert Picks
- ATP 2021 Erste Bank Open and St. Petersburg Open Betting Preview
- ATP 2021 European Open Betting Update: Friday Matches Analysis
- ATP 2021 European Open Betting Update: Andy Murray vs Diego Schwartzman Highlights Thursday Action
- ATP 2021 European Open Betting Update: Wednesday Matches Analysis
- ATP 2021 European Open Betting Update: Tuesday Matches Analysis
- ATP 2021 European Open Betting Analysis Update
- ATP Early 2021 European Open Betting Odds & Analysis
- ATP 2021 BNP Paribas Open Betting Update: Medvedev and Zverev Top Favorites
- ATP 2021 BNP Paribas Open Betting Preview & Predictions
- ATP Sofia Open and San Diego Open Betting Preview
- ATP 2021 Laver Cup Betting Preview & Predictions
- ATP 2021 Moselle Open Betting Preview & Predictions
- ATP 2021 Astana Open Betting Preview & Predictions
- ATP & WTA 2021 US Open Betting Update: Raducanu and Fernandez into The Finals
- ATP & WTA 2021 US Open Betting Update: Djokovic Into Semi-Finals, Sakkari Stuns Pliskova