In some years, the outcome of the Super Bowl is almost set before the game starts. In Super Bowl XX, when the 15-1 Chicago Bears took the field against the New England Patriots, things seemed almost unfair. Led by quarterback Jim McMahon and running the vaunted 46 defense, the Bears had their way with the Patriots, turning the league’s title game into a laugher from start to finish, as lineman William “The Refrigerator” Perry ended up scoring a touchdown for the Monsters of the Midway. However, there are other years when the online sports betting underdog ends up carrying the day. When the Seattle Seahawks lined up against the Denver Broncos in early 2014 for the Super Bowl, many thought that Peyton Manning and the Broncos would cruise against the Seahawks, who had a reputation for a much balkier offense. However, the shock of a missed shotgun snap that became a safety never quite faded for the Broncos, who fell to the Seahawks in a lopsided rout.
Many times, the Super Bowl ends up a victory for the underdog. Take a look at some of the most noteworthy instances throughout the history of the league.
Sports & Betting Topics
Latest News, Tips & Expert Picks
- 2016 Oscar Academy Awards Odds Guide
- Every Team’s Worst Head Coach According to NFL Betting Fans
- Eye-Opening NFL and NCAAF Online Betting Breakdown: Who’s Bringing Home the Bacon!
- Online Sportsbook Editorial: Should Peyton Manning Retire?
- MLB Betting Editorial: A Look Back at Zito, Mulder and Hudson
- NBA Odds: Easy Travels: The New NBA Finals Format
- RIP Yogi Berra, A Look Back At His Amazing Life
- Online Betting News: Trouble at Rutgers: Criminal Probes, Academic Misconduct
- NFL Betting Fans Want To Know: Who is Federal Judge Richard Berman?
- Online Betting Editorial: Why The NFL Lost The DeflateGate Case
- Online Betting Fans Vote: The 10 Ugliest NHL Uniforms Ever
- MLB Betting Fans Vote: Ugliest Uniforms Ever
- NBA Betting: The 10 Ugliest NBA Uniforms Ever
- NFL Betting: Will Chris Borland’s Retirement Wreck the NFL?
- NFL Betting: Former Quarterback Erik Kramer’s Tragic Suicide Attempt