The fight between John “The Magician” Dodson and UFC flyweight champion Demetrious “Mighty Mouse” Johnson will be about pride, reputation, fans enjoyment and title contention, but most important of all, it will be about getting bettors paid in Saturday MMA betting odds. If you are looking for a piece of that cherry, stay with us, as we slice it down for you in the UFC 191 preview served here-below.
If you’ve been watching UFC fights since recently, you probably don’t know much about Dodson, and rightfully so, going by the fact that he’s been on and off the Octagon with injuries. But for those who’ve been following UFC since way back, or at least since 2013, then when we say Dodson is a real magician on the cage, you probably know what we are talking about.
When Dodson met Johnson in January 2013, The Magician proved to be a real piece of work, landing significant strikes early in the fight and giving a respectable showing that nearly won him the fight. But due to the elusiveness of the Mighty Mouse, who used tactfulness and his stellar wrestling acumen sturdily, the win eventually went to Johnson.
Since that fight, no other fighter has ever come close to beating Johnson ever again. In fact, Johnson has continually grown stronger and has since successfully defended the flyweight title five times and grown to become arguably the best pound-for-pound fighter in the UFC. Meanwhile, Dodson’s career took a not-so-good direction since then, continuously battling several injuries that have seen him miss a lot of action. In total, he’s participated in just three fights since the January 2013 fight—winning them all—but his fitness and ability to give Johnson a real test now is up in the air. Essentially, that’s the reason Johnson comes into this clash as a heavy MMA betting favorite over his fellow American.
Realistically speaking, it won’t be easy for Dodson to force Johnson to hit the deck thrice like he did in 2013, considering the Mighty Mouse has gotten real good at his striking defense (which is currently placed at 66.45%), while his grappling takedown average is high up at 3.74. Comparably, Dodson’s takedown average is at a measly 1.12 and his striking defense is at 61.47%.
It should, however, be noted that, although Johnson is a renowned wrestler, The Magician boasts of a stellar takedown defense efficiency at 88.89% compared to Johnson’s 65.66% mark of defended takedowns. Mighty Mouse will thus have to dig in deep into his bag of tricks to beat his opponent.
Sports & Betting Topics
Latest News, Tips & Expert Picks
- UFC Fight Night: Costa vs Vettori Betting Odds & Picks
- UFC Fight Night: Dern vs. Rodriguez Betting Odds & Picks
- UFC Fight Night: Santos vs Walker Betting Odds & Picks
- UFC 266: Volkanovski vs Ortega Betting Odds & Predictions
- UFC Fight Night: Smith vs Spann Betting Odds & Picks
- UFC Fight Night: Brunson vs. Till Betting Odds & Picks
- UFC Fight Night: Barboza Vs Chikadze Betting Odds & Picks
- UFC Fight Night: Cannonier Vs Gastelum Betting Odds & Picks
- UFC 265: Lewis Vs Gane Betting Odds & Predictions
- UFC Fight Night: Hall Vs Strickland Betting Odds & Picks
- Early UFC 265: Lewis Vs Gane Betting Odds & Prediction
- UFC Fight Night: Sandhagen Vs Dillashaw Betting Odds & Picks
- UFC Fight Night: Makhachev Vs Moises Betting Odds & Picks
- UFC 264: Poirier Vs McGregor 3 Betting Odds & Prediction Update
- UFC 264: Poirier vs McGregor 3 Betting Update – Why McGregor Will Win