The Cincinnati Bengals head to Kansas City looking for their fourth straight victory over the Chiefs. Just like last season, Sunday’s Bengals versus KC matchup is for a trip to the Super Bowl. In last year’s contest, Joe Burrow and his mates upset Patrick Mahomes, Travis Kelce, and the rest of Kansas City’s squad. Will history repeat itself or will Mahomes and the Chiefs exact their revenge? Keep reading for AFC Championship Odds, analysis, and a free pick for the 2023 AFC Championship.
AFC Conference Championship Betting Preview for Cincinnati Bengals at Kansas City
Cincinnati Bengals versus Kansas City Chiefs Lines and Match Info
- When: Sunday, Jan. 29 at 6:30 pm ET
- Where: GEHA Field at Arrowhead Stadium, Kansas City, MO
- TV / Streaming: CBS/Paramount+
- ATS Odds: Cincinnati -1
- Money line Odds: Kansas City -106 / Cincinnati -114
- Over/Under Odds: 47
Why bet on Cincinnati versus Kansas City?
The Bengals marched into Buffalo last Sunday and proceeded to destroy the Bills. At no point during the game did it ever look like Buffalo might rally.
From the first possession, Cincinnati established the run. Then like he does in almost every game, Joe Burrow started lighting up Buffalo’s secondary.
Joe Cool threw for 242 yards and 2 TDs. On defense, the Bengals sacked Josh Allen and forced a pick. Cincinnati’s domination means the Bengals head into this with a ton of momentum.
Cincinnati Bengals Offensive Averages
- Total Yards: 360.5
- Passing Yards: 265.0
- Rushing Yards: 95.5
- Points Scored: 26.1
- Turnovers: 18
Cincinnati Bengals Defensive Averages
- Total Yards: 335.7
- Passing Yards: 229.1
- Rushing Yards: 106.6
- Points Scored: 20.1
- Takeaways: 24
Why bet on Kansas City versus Cincinnati?
Patrick Mahomes suffered a high-ankle sprain early in the Chiefs divisional round victory over the Jacksonville Jaguars.
But Magic Mahomes’ injury didn’t stop him from stepping onto the field in the second half and leading the Chiefs to a win. Mahomes played hurt.
Patrick said he’s ready to go this week. If he’s telling the truth, Kansas City’s offense will be firing on all cylinders. Also, the defense played great versus a hot Trevor Lawrence. If Mahomes can move effectively, Kansas City has the edge.
Kansas City Chiefs Offensive Averages
- Total Yards: 413.6
- Passing Yards: 297.8
- Rushing Yards: 115.9
- Points Scored: 29.2
- Turnovers: 23
Kansas City Chiefs Defensive Averages
- Total Yards: 328.2
- Passing Yards: 220.9
- Rushing Yards: 107.2
- Points Scored: 21.7
- Takeaways: 19
Bengals at Chiefs Relevant Trends
- Bengals are 9-1 ATS in their 10 games on grass
- Cincinnati is 5-1-1 ATS in their last 7 playoff games
- Under is 9-1 in the Bengals’ last 10 playoff games
- Chiefs are 1-8-1 ATS in their last 10 home games
- Kansas City is 0-5 ATS versus a team with a winning record
- Under is 6-1 in the Chiefs’ last 7 games at home
Cincinnati Bengals at Kansas City Chiefs Final Betting Prediction
Cincinnati not only has history on their side but we should be frank about the matchup. Even if Mahomes was one hundred percent healthy, and we must question whether that’s the case, the Bengals would be the pick to win this game.
The Bengals have owned the Chiefs in the past four head-to-head matchups. Joe Burrow is 2-0 versus KC and, simply put, Cincy is playing better than Kansas City.
Again, forget Patrick’s injury. If we throw it out and really think about the game versus Jacksonville, the Chiefs got lucky.
The Jags rushed for 144 yards. Jacksonville was driving for a TD late in the game before Jamal Agnew fumbled inside the five-yard line.
Then on the ensuing Jacksonville drive, Lawrence threw a pick. Burrow won’t make that mistake. In fact, the Bengals won’t make any mistakes on Sunday. Cincinnati wins this straight up.
NFL AFC Championship Pick: Cincinnati Bengals -114
NFL Betting Center
NFL Odds and Lines
|Make the Playoffs|
|Super Bowl Odds|
|AFC Champion Odds|
|NFC Champion Odds|
Latest NFL News:
- 2023 NFL Mock Draft Trade Proposals That Could Reshape the Odds to Win the Super Bowl
- NFL Betting News: Lamar Jackson in doubt for 2023 Season with Baltimore
- NFL Draft Betting News: CJ Stroud, Justin Fields, Favorites, Picks and More
- NFL Betting News: Derek Carr and Saints, Jets Hoping For Aaron Rodgers
- 2023 NFL Draft News: Georgia Defensive Star Jalen Carter Could Fall After Arrest