With a chance to make history and a big-time bowl game bid riding on the line if they can finish with one loss, 22nd-ranked Appalachian State has a lot to play for when they hit the road to take on Troy in their Week 14 Sun Belt Conference matchup. While Troy is facing an uphill battle to get the outright win, even at home, let’s find out if the Trojans can at least cover the chalk as nearly two-touchdown underdogs.
Appalachian State vs Troy 2019 College Football Week 14 Spread & Game Info
- When: Friday, November 29, 2019 at 6:00 PM ET
- Where: Veterans Memorial Stadium, Troy, Alabama
- TV: ESPN+
- Radio: Appalachian State / Troy
- Live Stream: WatchESPN
- College Football Week 14 Odds: Appalachian State -13 / Total: 62.5
- Partly Cloudy:
- Humidity: 87%
- Precipitation: 0%
- Wind: 3 mph ESE
- Cloud Cover: 56%
- Type of Stadium: Open
Why Bet On Appalachian State?
There are a bunch of great reasons to back Appalachian State in this contest starting with the fact that the Mountaineers are statistically better on both sides of the ball and have the far better defense in this affair by limiting the opposition to just 19.3 points per game to rank 19th nationally in points allowed.
The Mountaineers have won three straight including their 35-13 win over Texas State on Saturday. If Appalachian State wins out and No. 17 Cincinnati, No. 18 Memphis and No. 19 Boise State suffer a loss, the Mountaineers will finish as the highest-ranked Group of Five team to earn a New Year’s Day bowl berth. Last but not least, the Mountaineers have a legitimate star in running back Darrynton Evans. The fleet-footed junior rushed for 154 yards and three touchdowns against Texas State and now has 1,168 yards and a conference-high 17 touchdowns.
“He’s an elite tailback, obviously,” Appalachian State coach Eliah Drinkwitz told reporters. “To me, he’s one of the most dynamic players in college football because of his speed and return ability, and we’re very fortunate to have him.”
- Average Score For: 38.09
- Total Yards: 432.63
- Pass Yards: 200.45
- Rush Yards: 232.18
- Average Score Against: 19.27
- Total Yards: 319.54
- Pass Yards: 176.18
- Rush Yards: 143.36
Why Bet On Troy?
The only ‘real’ reason to back Troy in this contest is the fact that the Trojans are getting almost two touchdowns as home dogs.
After torching Georgia Southern and Texas State in their previous two games while scoring an impressive 49 and 63 points along the way, the Trojans looked completely clueless in their 53-3 loss at Louisiana-Lafayette on Saturday. Troy has lost three of their last five while giving up at least 36 points in each defeat and at least 50 point in two of those losses. Despite their lackluster season, senior quarterback Kaleb Barker has thrown for 3,347 yards and 30 touchdown passes (sixth).
- Average Score For: 35.73
- Total Yards: 467.54
- Pass Yards: 312.45
- Rush Yards: 155.09
- Average Score Against: 33.55
- Total Yards: 426.19
- Pass Yards: 271.64
- Rush Yards: 154.55
College Football Week 14 Betting Trends for Appalachian State vs Troy
- Appalachian State is 8-4 ATS in the last 12 games
- Appalachian State is 16-1 SU in the last 17 games
- The total went UNDER in 5 of Appalachian State’s last 7 games
- Troy is 1-4 ATS in the last 5 games at home
- Troy is 9-3 SU in the last 12 games played in November
- The total went OVER in 4 of Troy’s last 5 games
Appalachian State vs Troy Expert Analysis and Prediction
Troy might be playing at home and the Trojans might be getting almost two touchdowns, but I believe the smart money in this Week 14 pairing is on Appalachian State to get the emphatic road win and ATS cover. While both teams can score the ball and average over 35 points per game, the only team with a legitimate defense is Appalachian State. While the Trojans have gone an impressive 7-2 ATS in their last 9 games following a straight up loss, the Mountaineers have gone 6-1 ATS in their last 7 road games. More importantly, after seeing the pitiful effort Troy put up against Louisiana-Lafayette, there’s no way I’m putting any trust in the Trojans against a clearly superior Appalachian State squad.
Pick: Appalachian State 38 Troy 14
More College Football Week 14 Betting News
- Alabama vs Auburn 2019 College Football Week 14 Odds, Game Info & Pick
- Iowa State vs Kansas State 2019 College Football Week 14 Odds & Pick
- Florida State vs Florida 2019 College Football Week 14 Spread & Game Preview
- Texas A&M vs LSU 2019 College Football Week 14 Betting Lines & Analysis
- Rutgers vs Penn State 2019 College Football Week 14 Odds, Preview & Pick
- Notre Dame vs Stanford 2019 College Football Week 14 Odds & Analysis
- Navy vs Houston 2019 College Football Week 14 Odds, Game Info & Pick
- Georgia vs Georgia Tech 2019 College Football Week 14 Lines & Analysis
- Baylor vs Kansas 2019 College Football Week 14 Odds, Game Info & Pick
- Oregon State vs Oregon 2019 College Football Week 14 Spread & Analysis
- Colorado vs Utah 2019 College Football Week 14 Betting Lines & Preview
- Ohio State vs Michigan 2019 College Football Week 14 Odds & Prediction
- Boise State vs Colorado State 2019 College Football Week 14 Lines & Preview
- Appalachian State vs Troy 2019 College Football Week 14 Spread & Game Info